Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prefacelift bits onto facelift 2.2  (Read 1033 times)

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
prefacelift bits onto facelift 2.2
« on: 20 June 2013, 23:08:20 »

Been offered an s reg omega 3.0 v6 with head gasket failure its an auto.

I've got a 2.2 auto facelift with intermittent limp mode.

Is the auto box suitable from the 3.0 v6 to fit to the 2.2 facelift?

I assume the seats would be a straight swap over from pre to facelift?

albitz

Re: prefacelift bits onto facelift 2.2
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2013, 23:10:56 »

Gearbox,yes.
Seats,no. :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2013, 23:16:14 »

Given the 2.2 isn't man enough to stress its gear box too much, I'd be looking for an electrical issue.

...and given that the cam sensor often upsets the gear box before anything else, I'd be looking at the engine Ecu for fault codes, if not done already? :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2013, 00:04:23 »

I think the MFL seats have side airbags, whereas the PFL don't.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2013, 00:54:26 »

I think the MFL seats have side airbags, whereas the PFL don't.

Oh bugger then. Oh well, no leather for me :(

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2013, 05:07:32 »

You can strip the seats and fit your 2.2 airbags/pretensioners/associated wiring to the 3.0 seats :y

As long as the safety kit stays fitted to the car they left the factory in, not an issue :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2013, 08:32:47 »

You can strip the seats and fit your 2.2 airbags/pretensioners/associated wiring to the 3.0 seats :y

As long as the safety kit stays fitted to the car they left the factory in, not an issue :y
S reg will be MFL, 2.2 will be FL, so these will be the same. Not sure how easy it would be to swap the active head restraint mechanism over, I'd imagine not easy.

Being a 2.2, I'd bet a gonad it doesn't have occupancy sensors, so that shouldn't be a problem.

**BUT** I would still use the correct seats for the car, ie FL ones.  I'd also recommend against leather - hot/sticky in the summer, cold in the winter (even with working heaters).

Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 June 2013, 08:39:33 »

as above. Just unbolt the subframes from the seats and swop them over,dont connect the side airbags and follow the guide to wire the motors up.then you have nice leather seats.
 Don't forget to put the safety pins in the pre-tensioners before turning seats over.
Makes a loud bang and wakes you up. Yes had it happen only once :-[
Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2013, 12:12:36 »

The active headrests are mechanical in operation, not electrical or explosive iirc :-\

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2013, 12:43:20 »

The active headrests are mechanical in operation, not electrical or explosive iirc :-\

Aye :y :y

The new Active Head Restraints go a long way towards reducing these risks. The system operates mechanically and is activated by the front passenger's upper torso pressing against the seat back in the event of a rear-end collision. The head restraint is moved upwards and forwards by a lever system integrated into the seat back; this shortens the distance between the head and the restraint significantly and consequently reduces the force acting on the cervical vertebra.

The entire system is installed in the upper section of the front seat-back, weighs only about one kilogram and does not interfere with the side airbag, which is installed lower down in the seat-back; nor does it have any adverse effect on the seat occupant's comfort. The Active Head Restraint mechanism is fully reversible as Joachim G. Fürll, seat designer at the International Technical Development Center (ITEZ) in Rüsselsheim, explains: ”If, for example, during a multiple collision involving several vehicles, passengers were to be jerked backwards and forwards several times, the head restraints would be ready to cushion the head on every impact.”

During a severe impact, the Active Head Restraints can – depending on how far they have been extended – move upwards by up to 20 millimeters and forward by more than 60 millimeters .

Opel developed and adapted the Active Head Restraints to the seats in its individual models together with the seat manufacturer, Lear. During the two-year cooperation period, impact-sled tests played a key role. Trials were conducted in various configurations and with speed differences of 8, 16 and 22 km/h as part of the program. Joachim Fürll: ”The specially designed Hybrid-III dummies we asked to risk their necks for this purpose were equipped with additional sensors in the cervical vertebra area and modified neck elements that also permitted sliding movements.”

other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2013, 13:06:53 »

Which is nice :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.