Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The hidden horror!  (Read 1738 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
The hidden horror!
« on: 14 May 2013, 21:49:26 »

Thought it was about time I had a look at my wheelarch due to the MOT advisory for a jagged edge, So the first job was to carefully get the rear quarter bump strip out of the way, & thats when a little job just got a tad bigger! :o,

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: The hidden horror!
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2013, 21:50:31 »

Blimey  :o.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2013, 21:57:17 »

My options was to either call in 'readymix' or set to work with the mig, the weather wasn't too kind yesterday getting rain every 1/4 of an hour so I didnt manage to get a photo of what was left after cutting the metalworm out, Anyhow here it is after my mig efforts ::)
« Last Edit: 14 May 2013, 21:59:30 by unlucky alf »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2013, 22:06:34 »

Well it's a damn sight tidier, you look a dab hand with a welder if you ask me  :y.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2013, 22:16:35 »

Well it's a damn sight tidier, you look a dab hand with a welder if you ask me  :y.
Well having owned many Vauxhalls over the years ive had plenty of practice ;D,,,Anyhow the update is that after a smear of filler & a rub down it turned out o,k & the bump strip is back on with trim tape as I lost half the clip pins when cutting out the crud, The only paint i had available was some black spray paint so its got a coat of that so the water dont soak into the primer, still got a little bit more to do lower down & by then i'll hopefully get a good day to whip out the spray gun ;)

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2013, 22:18:48 »

My options was to either call in 'readymix' or set to work with the mig, the weather wasn't too kind yesterday getting rain every 1/4 of an hour so I didnt manage to get a photo of what was left after cutting the metalworm out, Anyhow here it is after my mig efforts ::)

i haven't got that problem yet . touch wood :y :y

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2013, 22:19:25 »

Well having owned many Vauxhalls over the years ive had plenty of practice ;D,,,Anyhow the update is that after a smear of filler & a rub down it turned out o,k & the bump strip is back on with trim tape as I lost half the clip pins when cutting out the crud, The only paint i had available was some black spray paint so its got a coat of that so the water dont soak into the primer, still got a little bit more to do lower down & by then i'll hopefully get a good day to whip out the spray gun ;)

;D ;D

Trim clips are only about 20p each, so not expensive to replace, at least it'll look a treat once done. It's nice to see it being done properly too cut out and redone  :y.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2013, 22:35:10 »

;D ;D

Trim clips are only about 20p each, so not expensive to replace, at least it'll look a treat once done. It's nice to see it being done properly too cut out and redone  :y.
The clips aint the problem its the lack of posts for them to clip to  :D,

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2013, 00:28:45 »

Facelift bumper and some Sikaflex, job jobbed :y

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2013, 12:01:14 »

;D ;D

The clips aint the problem its the lack of posts for them to clip to  :D,

You can still get the 'posts' from Vx, they are actually rivets just very small and special headed. If you want to stay OEM for the purists then give Andy Clears a bell.

HTH
Jon

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2013, 13:03:57 »

:o :o :o :o :o  That's not good, and the worst I have seen. ;)

omega3000

« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2013, 15:20:52 »

;D ;D

+1 , its the only way  ;)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2013, 23:57:44 »

Facelift bumper and some Sikaflex, job jobbed :y
Ive only just seen the latest comments as ive been away for a few days, Anyhow ive got a f/lift bumper awaiting paint, The problem is that i prefer the side black trims with the silver inserts to the smooth colour coded ones, But if i keep them then the bumper will leave a gap on the rear quarter as the smooth trims are wider, Hmmm quite a dilemma & i just cant make up my mind :-\, Im wondering if i could get away with having the smooth ones on the rear quarter only as they do look like they are joined to the bumper then leave the rest as standard, Any thoughts on that anyone?. ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2013, 04:16:12 »

On the Facelift there's a bracket that the top of the bumper and lower edge of the trim fit into. There isn't room for this on the Prefacelift as the panel below the trim is flush. Try offering up the facelift bumper and see how it fits with tother side :y

Alternatively...

Fit the colour coded trims to the whole car...along with Facelift front bumper, headllights and bonnet ::)

That way the whole car gets a makeover, cheap and easy to do as well :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.