Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED- old style keys.  (Read 1651 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
WANTED- old style keys.
« on: 19 April 2013, 11:43:56 »

Hi, Im looking for a couple of the early style keys (RF type I think) as the rubber buttons on mine have worn out, Also the microswitch on one of mine is U/S so does anyone know the part number for a replacement switch?,,,,,,,Cheers. :y

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED- old style keys.
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2013, 16:16:18 »

Hi, Im looking for a couple of the early style keys (RF type I think) as the rubber buttons on mine have worn out, Also the microswitch on one of mine is U/S so does anyone know the part number for a replacement switch?,,,,,,,Cheers. :y
Hi alf,why don't you send me the PCB,that needs the micro-switch.We have lodes at our electronic company.I could fit it for free,just postage.As for the part code for the switch,it may be written on it.But i doubt it,if you post a picture of it.I may be able to help,Regards dean :y

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2013, 19:28:12 »

Hi alf,why don't you send me the PCB,that needs the micro-switch.We have lodes at our electronic company.I could fit it for free,just postage.As for the part code for the switch,it may be written on it.But i doubt it,if you post a picture of it.I may be able to help,Regards dean :y
Cheers for the offer Dean I might end up taking you up on that :y, But if I manage to locate a spare key or two i can rob a switch off of one of them & do it myself, Its quite an easy solder job as it is mounted through the board & only two contacts to worry about, So i'll give this post a few days first & if nothing comes up i'll P.M you,,,,Cheers :y

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2013, 17:14:29 »

Cheers for the offer Dean I might end up taking you up on that :y, But if I manage to locate a spare key or two i can rob a switch off of one of them & do it myself, Its quite an easy solder job as it is mounted through the board & only two contacts to worry about, So i'll give this post a few days first & if nothing comes up i'll P.M you,,,,Cheers :y
Ok Alf,if you have no luck.As its a PTH  switch i could send you some two pin micro switch's.HTH,cheers dean :) :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2013, 19:11:50 »

I may have one of each.

One off a 97 MFl elite and one off a 97 pre facelift elite.

I'll have a look.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2013, 20:45:05 »

I may have one of each.

I'll have a look.
Cheers Varche, I really should work out how to put a piccy of my key on here but i got in a mess last time i tried  :D, The best way to describe it is that it has one big button on the front & on the side it has a little button for the deadlock facilty, i thought they only done these for a little while hence why im having troubles finding any, Ive even been through a big box of keys at the scrappy & couldn't find one :(.

@ Moggy,,,,,Yeah that would be great to at least get it working again even if the rubber button is totally FUBAR, I'll give it another couple of days then if nothing comes up i'll PM you :y.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2013, 13:17:10 »

Sorry Alf, unlucky on this occasion. Neither are like yours.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2013, 20:07:55 »

I may have one of each.

I'll have a look.
Cheers Varche, I really should work out how to put a piccy of my key on here but i got in a mess last time i tried  :D, The best way to describe it is that it has one big button on the front & on the side it has a little button for the deadlock facilty, i thought they only done these for a little while hence why im having troubles finding any, Ive even been through a big box of keys at the scrappy & couldn't find one :(.

@ Moggy,,,,,Yeah that would be great to at least get it working again even if the rubber button is totally FUBAR, I'll give it another couple of days then if nothing comes up i'll PM you :y.
Hi Alf,BTW have you tried a pm to Martin Imber.On hear he repairs fobs,and may have spare keys.Just a thought.Dean :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.