Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Warm Start  (Read 5877 times)

omega3000

Re: Warm Start
« Reply #60 on: 20 February 2013, 15:46:36 »

Well new sensor is in , stopped and started 2 times when warm and it starts fine  :) Was well worth an hour of swearing with accompanied frost bite  ::)

But did you figure out what the yellow ring was for? ;)

Err no  ;D There was a similar one on the old one so im presuming its a colour coding thingamygig  :-\

Maybe it's just so you know which one of the 14 different coolant temp sensors you're meant to order.. ;D

Yeah how stupid is that  >:( Still it keeps the grease monkeys busy  ;D

Should get better mpg now , last count was 85 miles off £10 before the new sensor  :P ;)
The £50 a week im saving on fuel is going towards a nice holiday  8)
« Last Edit: 20 February 2013, 15:48:26 by EMD »

aaronjb

« Reply #61 on: 20 February 2013, 15:58:20 »

Nice saving, even with the PITA factor.. if only I could bring myself to drive the girlfriends Micra to work & back instead of the Omega, maybe I could do the same!  :-[

omega3000

« Reply #62 on: 20 February 2013, 16:05:49 »

Nice saving, even with the PITA factor.. if only I could bring myself to drive the girlfriends Micra to work & back instead of the Omega, maybe I could do the same!  :-[

I would have liked to have kept the omega but needs must  :-[ , having owned 3 elites i know what im missing comfort wise and the pug is not ideal for my needs but it will do as a stop gap till circumstances change .. Still love the omegas and no doubt ill be having another when possible , with the pug its great passing the petrol stations but you lot who have an omega dont need ear defenders like i do  ;D ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #63 on: 20 February 2013, 16:07:47 »

I would have liked to have kept the omega but needs must  :-[ , having owned 3 elites i know what im missing comfort wise and the pug is not ideal for my needs but it will do as a stop gap till circumstances change .. Still love the omegas and no doubt ill be having another when possible , with the pug its great passing the petrol stations but you lot who have an omega dont need ear defenders like i do  ;D ;)

;D I don't really mind driving her Micra that much - granted it feels odd putting your foot to the floor and having nothing happen, but it's nippy enough around town (I suppose).

The bigger problem is that I'm a fat heffer and can only just get the damn seat belt done up  :-[ :-[

omega3000

« Reply #64 on: 20 February 2013, 16:14:29 »

Well im not exactly slim  ::) Its the getting in and out thats the problem , but its better than the old fiesta i had where you would easily rub shoulders with the passenger . Just amazed at how little fuel it uses and thats why i bought it , it could do with better soundproofing in the cabin but it does what i need it to . End of the day ill get to the destination and bac like anyone else but cheaper ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20 February 2013, 16:30:53 »

The trouble is small cars and long distances dont mix.

If I drove a small car on the 100 mile daily round trip it will kill me off  ;D

Interestingly, the 2.5 manual was pretty good on that trip getting around 38mpg.

omega3000

« Reply #66 on: 20 February 2013, 16:51:35 »

Interestingly, the 2.5 manual was pretty good on that trip getting around 38mpg.

It would ...

;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 20 February 2013, 17:36:30 »

good result steve  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

omega3000

« Reply #68 on: 26 February 2013, 14:05:11 »

good result steve  :y

:'( :'( :'( Its started again  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Off to the shops after a run and stopped the car , tried starting it and no go  >:( doin my oppsing nut in now .
Starter motor needs taking off now to inspect and clean i guess  ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #69 on: 26 February 2013, 14:21:41 »

You are invited to drive my clit Mr DTM :)  its quick and comfortable.. and can hide in any gap within an eyeflash .. besides can get through very narrow gaps ;D :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26 February 2013, 14:45:18 »

You are invited to drive my clit Mr DTM :)  its quick and comfortable.. and can hide in any gap within an eyeflash .. besides can get through very narrow gaps ;D :y

But no good for 2 hours a day on the motorway at speed.  :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #71 on: 26 February 2013, 14:48:08 »

you must try at least once :)  I have traveled with it long distances and didnt feel tired :y

ps: I only feel tired if I had silly average speeds :-X
« Last Edit: 26 February 2013, 14:50:32 by cem »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 26 February 2013, 14:56:33 »

you must try at least once :)  I have traveled with it long distances and didnt feel tired :y

ps: I only feel tired if I had silly average speeds :-X

I did 90 minutes in SWTSMBO clit ... never again .. it drove fine .. although underpowered for motorway cruising .. and a shade noisy compared to omega ... BUT .. BIG BUT ..

I could hardly walk when I eventually managed to extract myself from it ... most uncomfortable seats/driving position you could wish for ...  :(

You want to be crippled for life ?? Use a clit for long distances/time  ....  :(

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26 February 2013, 14:57:00 »

I have, tried clits, small cars, medium cars the works (we used to get rental cars for the trip so all sorts of stuff) and no, to noisey, to hard on the ride and seats not great.  :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #74 on: 26 February 2013, 15:24:26 »

Well im not exactly slim  ::) Its the getting in and out thats the problem , but its better than the old fiesta i had where you would easily rub shoulders with the passenger . Just amazed at how little fuel it uses and thats why i bought it , it could do with better soundproofing in the cabin but it does what i need it to . End of the day ill get to the destination and bac like anyone else but cheaper ;)
Cheap solution - ear plugs and turn radio volume up ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.