Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The charity adverts  (Read 1876 times)

cleggy

Re: The charity adverts
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2012, 19:07:17 »

For me it will always be The Salvation Army I give to :y :y :y :y

They are the ones that you will find giving comfort to the homeless, to those who have suffered a disaster of some type, and who also go to the trouble of entertaining the general public with their great bands.  The Sally is always there and can be relied to bring relief to those who need it.

They get my vote and money ;)

SNAP  :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

When my uncle was brought home from Dunkirk with shrapnel head wounds he was hospitalized in Coventry. Impossible for his mum and sister( my mum) to visit, the other threee brothers were in the RAF. The Salvation Army stepped in helping with rail fares from Huddersfield and free accommodation monthly for over a year. He came home with a metal plate covering half of his skull and a changed personality who only survived another 6 months.

As a family the Salvation Army are always are top of our list in the charity stakes. :y :y

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 December 2012, 16:37:39 »

For me it will always be The Salvation Army I give to :y :y :y :y

They are the ones that you will find giving comfort to the homeless, to those who have suffered a disaster of some type, and who also go to the trouble of entertaining the general public with their great bands.  The Sally is always there and can be relied to bring relief to those who need it.

They get my vote and money ;)

and mine
my wife just organized a event for cancer reserch and at least twice a week we  get a call to set up a direct debit.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 December 2012, 18:07:41 »

I think my views on many (not all) charities are well known.

RSPCA has jumped into the "get stuffed" category now, after that stunt.

I'm embarrassed that MacMillon are also in the same one now, after refusing a £20 donation, but insisting I set up a direct debit for £10 a month. Then banging on my door every couple of days for a month.

I agree with what you say about Mc Millan  :(

I lost my grandma to lung cancer 10 years ago.
Anybody who has had to watch this happen will know just how awful it is to see.

Mc Millan nurses where wonderful and did the very best they could to help us all threw the last few nightmare days.
Because of this, we as a family decieded to donate a sum of money that we all chipped in.  I won't go into numbers but it went into 3 figures (we have a big family)

6 weeks after the cheque had cleared, my grandad recieved a very polite letter off them thanking him for the donation and asking him if he could make a further donation.
This upset him a great deal because he wasn't in a position to give anymore so he wrote them a letter explaning his situation.
A week later, he recieved a letter off them stateing that they knew he owned his own home and in the envelope was paperwork telling him how to rewrite his will in such a way that the house would be left to them after his death.  This letter was ignored but the bastards sent a futher 3 letters over the space of the next few months. 
A friend of the family works for the local BBC radio station and had a word with one of the shows producers who rang McMilan and told them in no uncertain terms if he recieved anymore letters, he would name and shame them live over the airwaves on a peak time show ......................The letters stopped  ;)

Nowdays, we all chip in a few quid each year (if we can afford it) and take it personally to a local hospice for terminally ill adults and kids where we hand over to cash personally. And we never have to ask for a recipt either  :)
Just our way of giving a little back  :)

Jukeboxnut

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2004 2.2 auto CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2012, 21:19:21 »

I'm with Lizzie Zoom and will always donate to the Salvation Army an excellent charity where you can be assured virtually all of your donation will be used to good effect.

cleggy

« Reply #19 on: 31 December 2012, 14:24:14 »

There was a charity advert on the TV today about supporting a Burmese child in poverty blah blah blah. Then on the midday news they announce that for the first time Burma is having a massive firework display to rival London, Sydney, New York to celebrtate the New Year proving the movement to a freer society. WTK, Spend the money on your kids in poverty >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

omega3000

« Reply #20 on: 31 December 2012, 14:45:01 »

My Uncle passed away not so long ago , to cut a long story short his wife never knew  Mc Millan had hounded him and persuaded him to sign his house over to them once my aunt passes away . My aunt is in a home now and  Mc Millan have took the house . These are despicable scum that prey on the elderly leaving the caring families with nothing . They had the highest paid barristers in court but my aunt was so frail she gave up leaving them with a huge amount of money  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sorry but there is only one charity and thats looking after your own .
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.