Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an Omega  (Read 5119 times)

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • 2.5 turbo D opel omega B
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an Omega
« Reply #15 on: 02 November 2012, 23:52:32 »

i personally think the 2.5td BMW engine one is the best, so comfortable and run for ever i have two of them one has 250,000 (1/4 of a million) miles and hadn't had to change any parts other than the regular wear and tare parts bushings etc...  engine wise 100%even doa its been driven the absolute crap out of!! and the other is used for the business that has 200,000 miles on it. and  i know you said your not a boy racer but just putting it into perspective for you how reliable engine they are and all the 2.5td pre face lift models had the BMW engine mine are 95 and 96 both have them. and i don't know much about the face lift models
hope this helps  :)

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 November 2012, 23:55:57 »

and also the 2.5td engine is a work horse!! would have no prob towing a caravan!!!

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 November 2012, 00:12:33 »

Thanks Gary, I dont really mind what age they are..I wasn`t aware they were about that early, its finding one thats the problem...
ALAN

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 November 2012, 00:29:51 »

there are actually a few in ireland for sale if your interested in exporting one or there are a few with N.I reg the main action site in ireland is http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/ keep a look out there are a few posted every week :y

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • View Profile

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • View Profile

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 November 2012, 07:19:01 »

edit:

any of the v6's that is... not sure what economy is like on the 2.0 or 2.2..... but that doesnt matter as of course youll want a v6  :-X

mines about 20 round town and about 34 on a run but can be a lot worse if you drive like you stole it ;D

omega3000

« Reply #22 on: 03 November 2012, 09:39:59 »

I think TB needs to confirm this but im sure the diesel with auto box is dreadful , maybe just on the early ones  :-\ Ive had a few estate cars but none omega ones but would definitely replace my saloon for a manual diesel next time around  :)  Even just using my 3.0 once or twice a week now is becoming worryingly expensive  ::)

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 November 2012, 11:58:12 »

see acope ^^^^ if you can go for the manual they arent that bad in manual your not changing gears every few second like usually in a 4x4 as you prob know!

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 November 2012, 13:55:18 »

Hi Gary, unfortunately due to back and hips problem I can`t do manuals, just cant move my left leg enough for gear changes, if I got caught in a traffic jam I would be in dead trouble, so its auto`s only i`m afraid :(

ps..thanks for all those links  :y
« Last Edit: 03 November 2012, 14:01:48 by acope »
ALAN

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 November 2012, 16:52:55 »

no problem  :)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 November 2012, 17:23:58 »

I've had my '99 2.5TD Estate Auto for 13 years. It has not got the best auto box in the world, in particular it likes to change down at least 2 gears and sometimes 3 when one would do. They are fitted with an AR25 box as standard, and the ratios could be better chosen, and if you chip the engine ecu back to BMW spec. which transforms the car, the AR25 will not last long if driven hard. However, the stronger AR35 can be fitted, which will take the uprated chip performance.
I love my TD, it has been utterly reliable, the only real issues I recall having were changing the Gloplugs, thermostat, and wishbones. On a run I get about 33mpg, and on country roads about 27. I have only done 114k, but well looked after with regular oil changes, they should, as Gary indicates, go on for ever, well almost. ;D

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 November 2012, 18:21:18 »

Thats a bit disappointing about the BMW auto box, thought it would be the dogs dangler,
The main use will be ordinary running around, with some caravan towing, dont really want the box changing like a fiddlers elbow all the time when i`m towing, thats when problems happen.
So perhaps I need to look at a petrol then....2.5 V6 or the 3L do they have different /better auto boxes

One run I do with the c/van is down into Mid France, the old musso can do it, given the time, and later next year I hope to do a run (without the `van) down to Southern Spain ( hate all the hassle that goes with flying), so something with a little bit of get up and go for that would be handy.

Having said all that, running around would be the main use
Not askin` alot am I ... :D
ALAN

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 November 2012, 19:35:58 »

Maybe I made it sound too bad, not true, its a wonderful car to drive, I would have just preferred a slightly less active box, Its the the dogs dangleberries for long range cruising, and towing as well I shouldn't wonder.  :y

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 November 2012, 19:55:37 »

thats ok,no problem, we all have our own preferences...appreciate your feed back.... throws the market wide open again though......, decisions decisions... :y

Nice J reg Carlton on autotrader online...ONLY £2495.00....HOW MUCH ?...I dont believe it. :o :)
ALAN
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.