Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: let me ask you all  (Read 6302 times)

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
Re: let me ask you all
« Reply #30 on: 08 April 2008, 21:41:35 »

NAME AND SHAME...... :y

NO!!!

There is a right way of doing this, and that would be one of two ways....

Paypal and ask them to investigate

Speak to the Admin on here and ask them to get involved.

Naming and shaming creates all sorts of bad feeling, whilst there is an issue there is still a chance this could be sorted out in a friendly way.

HolyCount

« Reply #31 on: 08 April 2008, 21:42:07 »

holy count,could you pm me the name of the person and i will confirm if its the same person

Albitz is the one with the name in mind I think -- Al -- can you oblige and PM Bob ?
nearly had a heart attack when i read that,i thought for a minute that you were saying it was me. :o

Sorry Al ---- badly worded my post  :-[

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 April 2008, 21:48:09 »

NO!!!

Naming and shaming creates all sorts of bad feeling, whilst there is an issue there is still a chance this could be sorted out in a friendly way.

very bad way to do it have to agree with jay if you pay with paypal put a claim in you will get your moneys back it dont matter a sh!t if its private or ebay  >:(

bobbertbear

• Intermediate Member
  • perth
    • 04 omega 3.2 ex plod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 April 2008, 21:53:17 »

thanks guys you've all been a great help,just a pity some arent as helpfull. ;)

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 April 2008, 21:55:47 »

i'm seriously thinking that its just not a good idea to agree to buy privately directly through here and paypal (i dont mean the actual oof shop by the way), which is a shame cos alot of these members are brilliant, i've bought a couple of things and had no trouble whatsoever but recently a few people have mentioned about being painfully let down by members they thought they could trust

i think the best thing to do is if you find something in the for sale sections of the forum, you ask the seller to list it on ebay for you on a buy it now at the agreed price, then get the listing ID and go buy it via ebay, and send using trackable postage, that way no one can lose out!

thats hardly a fair comment danny i have sold loads of gear on hear and have never caused any one any problems ! think its sh!t when it happens but it seems to be just one person !! dont think you can get any more protection with paypal wheter you buy private or threw ebay !! :( :(

as highlighted, definately not aimed at the genuine honest sellers on here like yourself, I just think the ebay route is a problem solver, especially as i'm personally just one of those people who isnt too trusting for my own peace of mind
« Last Edit: 08 April 2008, 21:56:08 by D4NNY »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 April 2008, 21:55:53 »

thanks guys you've all been a great help,just a pity some arent as helpfull. ;)

Pm me details and I will see what, if anything, that I can do from a forum perspective but, you should also file a query with paypal.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2008, 21:56:08 by Mark »

albitz

« Reply #36 on: 08 April 2008, 21:56:35 »

holy count,could you pm me the name of the person and i will confirm if its the same person

Albitz is the one with the name in mind I think -- Al -- can you oblige and PM Bob ?
nearly had a heart attack when i read that,i thought for a minute that you were saying it was me. :o

Sorry Al ---- badly worded my post  :-[
not a problem,i just read it quickly first time and nearly fell off my chair,i recall the same thing happening the first time i read your user name ;D :y

Sipey

• Maidenhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 April 2008, 22:18:56 »

NO!!!

very bad way to do it have to agree with jay if you pay with paypal put a claim in you will get your moneys back it dont matter a sh!t if its private or ebay  >:(

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is not guaranteed. You have 45 days from transaction to put in a dispute. Paylpal will chase the seller but if they get no response then it falls down to your credit card company. Then, if like me, you don't do credit cards you're screwed.

This is what I got from paypal:

We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover £0.00 GBP. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.

Exactly 12 days after this message, they closed the case.

I lost 300 quid via 2 seperate incidents last year and am still wanting to throttle the theiving b******s now.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 April 2008, 22:21:52 »

Another reminder not to use Paypal with anything more than beer money. >:( Would have been a different matter if the shoe had been on the other foot.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #39 on: 08 April 2008, 22:27:44 »

i'm seriously thinking that its just not a good idea to agree to buy privately directly through here and paypal (i dont mean the actual oof shop by the way), which is a shame cos alot of these members are brilliant, i've bought a couple of things and had no trouble whatsoever but recently a few people have mentioned about being painfully let down by members they thought they could trust

i think the best thing to do is if you find something in the for sale sections of the forum, you ask the seller to list it on ebay for you on a buy it now at the agreed price, then get the listing ID and go buy it via ebay, and send using trackable postage, that way no one can lose out!

Absolutley spot on - i sell hundreds of items a month on ebay - have two omegas breaking and a vectra but have not advertised it on here.

The reason is simple - i dont believe the buyer has any protection and thats not a slight in any way against the forum but i just like both parties to be protected in the tranaction.

MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Sipey

• Maidenhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 April 2008, 22:28:02 »

And just to add, both sellers had above 97% positive feedback on many thousands of transactions so I felt 'comforatble' seperating with the cash. Well, as comfortable as you can be.

HolyCount

« Reply #41 on: 08 April 2008, 22:32:39 »

EBay & Paypal -- being one and the same -- are laws unto themselves -- they offer, in reality, neither buyer nor seller protection -- all they guarantee is self protection ! That said -- it is still worth filing a claim -- you never know!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 April 2008, 22:34:35 »

EBay & Paypal -- being one and the same -- are laws unto themselves -- they offer, in reality, neither buyer nor seller protection -- all they guarantee is self protection ! That said -- it is still worth filing a claim -- you never know!
They are getting better, due to lots of bad publicity
Grumpy old man

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #43 on: 08 April 2008, 22:34:50 »

Here as on ebay one needs to build up a level of trust in a seller when purchasing goods.  Ebay gives a guide with feedback - a look thro a sellers feedback can enhance that initial guide.  On OOF there is no feedback - but it is possible to "get a feel" for a sellers reliability by reading through prior posts and other members comments.
Whilst i have sympathy for anyone who has been ripped off, lets not go over the top because of the actions of one idiot individual, and risk spoiling it for others.

Personally i have had good experiences with buying items off OOF (& off ebay, where i also sell - 100% feedback) and would want that to continue on OOF.  For example see thread http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1205449884.

Sorry to go on but dont let the actions of one individual cock it up for other sellers.  We need good sellers on OOF!
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

bobbertbear

• Intermediate Member
  • perth
    • 04 omega 3.2 ex plod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 April 2008, 22:36:18 »

i'll get on to paypal tomorrow and give it a shot,thanks guys for all the help,and if anyone has a facelift grill for sale i need one,quickly as the cars up for sale ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.