Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Information  (Read 20348 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Information
« Reply #30 on: 06 March 2012, 17:49:29 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 March 2012, 18:57:17 »

Jimbob has done a great job on the Admin Team over the past 2 or 3 years, with this being the only time we think he made an error of judgement.

Based on that, the plan is to reinstate him as a Moderator, as before.  We all make mistakes sometimes.

Its apparent that Moderators cannot be allowed to moderate when it involves somebody very close to them, as it can lead to, perceived or otherwise, inappropriate moderation. Currently, the view is that if you are a member of the Admin Team, you cannot have close family as members. This may change.

As to Darth Loo-Knee, he, sadly decided to leave.  I hope he chooses to rejoin.  If he does, I personally would be happy to have him back on the Admin Team, but that is my own personal view - we have not fully discussed the scenario, as he is currently not a member.

I apologise for the seemingly slow response.  As the Admin Team are all on at different times, in depth discussions do take several days.

TheBoy
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 March 2012, 19:05:05 »

As to Darth Loo-Knee, he, sadly decided to leave.  I hope he chooses to rejoin. 

Its a real shame, he has given a lot to this forum over the past 5 years since its very early days. He brought real character to this place and made it real fun place to be, his departure its a great loss to the forum. From that bright pink t-shirt on the first lakes meet which still gets mentioned today! Not going to be same without him  :'(

His post was clearly a well timed digg, at someone who has previously dished out the same one word posts. It just proves that member cannot take what they put out and had to go running to someone with powers.

Having read the offending thread & spoken with Loo-Knee, the action taken against him was completely unjust. I understand why he left, I really hope he changes his mind & returns.

waspy

« Reply #33 on: 06 March 2012, 19:06:12 »

I'd like to have Daz back too. Simple as that.
I tend to keep out of tiffs amongst members, because it's not my business.
Though certain members do need to grow up by quite a few years.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 March 2012, 19:10:56 »

Its a real shame, he has given a lot to this forum over the past 5 years since its very early days. He brought real character to this place and made it real fun place to be, his departure its a great loss to the forum. From that bright pink t-shirt on the first lakes meet which still gets mentioned today! Not going to be same without him  :'(

His post was clearly a well timed digg, at someone who has previously dished out the same one word posts. It just proves that member cannot take what they put out and had to go running to someone with powers.

Having read the offending thread & spoken with Loo-Knee, the action taken against him was completely unjust. I understand why he left, I really hope he changes his mind & returns.

I wholeheartedly concur      :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 March 2012, 19:11:21 »

I'd like to have Daz back too. Simple as that.
I tend to keep out of tiffs amongst members, because it's not my business.
Though certain members do need to grow up by quite a few years.
totally agree with you Pete.
seconded. come on daz. :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 March 2012, 19:18:43 »

Have to agree with you Mark. It begs the question, "was Daz pushed or did he jump" and it also begs the question "would a temp. ban have been put in place if the "aggrieved" member was not a moderator`s partner" ???.
It`s only my opinion but I fail to see where any "justice" has been done or seen to be done :-\
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Nickbat

« Reply #37 on: 06 March 2012, 19:21:01 »

I agree, Tunnie. Funnily enough, you posted exactly the same text response to one of my posts a year or so back. Although I remember it, it is not because it upset me in the slightest, but I merely made a mental note that Tunnie and political threads don't mix!  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

I, too, am sad that Darth has left. He did a cracking job on my car last year and he will be missed.  :(

albitz

« Reply #38 on: 06 March 2012, 19:26:48 »

I am very sure that the overwhelming majority of members want to see Daz return and soon.Unfortunately I think that might just require the admin team to grow a backbone,as unfortunately it appears that they dont have one between them.
Sad to say that a lot of the respect many members had for the admins has been severely dented this last week,and tonights statement has not helped things in the slightest.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 March 2012, 19:29:58 »

"was Daz pushed or did he jump"
He jumped  :'(. I can understand why though.

It`s only my opinion but I fail to see where any "justice" has been done or seen to be done :-\
Does 'justice' really need to be done in this case? I believe there was an error in judgement in this case. I hope Jimbob can see where/why, to reduce the chances of it happening again in the future.
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #40 on: 06 March 2012, 19:34:48 »

Does 'justice' really need to be done in this case? I believe there was an error in judgement in this case. I hope Jimbob can see where/why, to reduce the chances of it happening again in the future.

I cant believe I just read that,nor how out of touch you  clearly are with how so many people feel about this whole sorry saga. :o

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 March 2012, 19:37:04 »

Only my take on it TB and I may be wrong, but was it the "error" that prompted Daz to "hit the button".
If (and only if) that was the reason for Daz`s self-deletion the only way for a totally unbiased conclusion to this sad state of affairs is surely to offer Daz his position & postcount back. If he chooses to decline, so be it
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

cleggy

« Reply #42 on: 06 March 2012, 19:38:19 »

Have to agree with you Mark. It begs the question, "was Daz pushed or did he jump" and it also begs the question "would a temp. ban have been put in place if the "aggrieved" member was not a moderator`s partner" ???.

I concur, I also read the oofending posts, and do not  see any justice in this at all.. In fact Jimbob went completely over the top comparing this to rape.. >:( >:( >:(

APOLOGY TO THE PINK ONE :y :y :y :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06 March 2012, 19:39:57 »

I am very sure that the overwhelming majority of members want to see Daz return and soon.
I am one of them

Unfortunately I think that might just require the admin team to grow a backbone,as unfortunately it appears that they dont have one between them.
No need to be personal Albs.  There were a few options on the table, and that was the majority vote.

Sad to say that a lot of the respect many members had for the admins has been severely dented this last week,and tonights statement has not helped things in the slightest.
I am slightly concerned that some members seemed to have wanted to turn this into a witch hunt.  I can't speak for others, but I voted this outcome because since Jimbob joined the team, he has always made good decisions, and always been an asset. In my personal opinion, this had to be taken into account when discussing this recent bad (IMHO) decision to overreact to DLK's post.

DLK isn't entirely innocent, he knew his post would probably cause a reaction. But, again IMHO, the punishment did not fit the crime. I would happily vote him back on the Admin Team. Cannot speak for my colleagues though.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06 March 2012, 19:42:28 »

I would like to remind all that we have taken what we feel is appropriate action to:

1) Address the original issue

2) Prevent a conflict of interest occuring in the future

This process has clearly taken a lot of admin and moderator time whilst past posts were reviewed and discussed in great depth and a number of next step options were considered and voted on.

I for one would like to welcome Jimbob back and look forward to his continued excellent support of our community.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.