Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hit and run  (Read 1482 times)

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
hit and run
« on: 06 January 2012, 11:06:11 »

Yesterday a small child of 5 was knocked down near a school in broad daylight when there must of been hundreds of witnesses yet the driver just seemed to have drove off without stopping. rumour was he died but its now known he is in a critical condition with serious head injuries. its absolutely heart breaking to know about this especially as its just up the rd as well. can imagine how the family are feeling right now but just hope everything turns out ok and he gets well. Just hope they catch this bstrd and he pays a heavy price. if its his first offence he'll be looking at a yrs ban and maybe 2 yrs prison.  :(

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
Re: hit and run
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2012, 11:19:30 »

thats awful! with so many witnesses surely someone got the reg. hope they throw the book at this scum! >:( >:(

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2012, 12:33:29 »

From my own family's experience I can tell you they wont throw the book at him, it'll be a slap on the wrists and a paultry amount of jail time plus a ban.

In the court's view of punishment, a child's life is not worth as much as a money-earning adult.

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2012, 15:37:23 »

Yesterday a small child of 5 was knocked down near a school in broad daylight when there must of been hundreds of witnesses yet the driver just seemed to have drove off without stopping. rumour was he died but its now known he is in a critical condition with serious head injuries. its absolutely heart breaking to know about this especially as its just up the rd as well. can imagine how the family are feeling right now but just hope everything turns out ok and he gets well. Just hope they catch this bstrd and he pays a heavy price. if its his first offence he'll be looking at a yrs ban and maybe 2 yrs prison. :(

Little. >:( >:( >:(
C20NE - X25XE

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2012, 20:52:54 »

Police have now found the car in the accident abandoned. Close to the scene. just hope there are prints on the car.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2012, 21:03:42 »

lets hope the child makes a full recovery and the person responsible is found, dont think any punishment will make up for truma the parents and child is going through

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2012, 21:27:58 »

lets hope the child makes a full recovery and the person responsible is found, dont think any punishment will make up for truma the parents and child is going through

apparently itn  news have been there filming it earlier

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2012, 22:27:05 »

>:( they should be shot  >:(

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2012, 22:30:18 »

>:( they wont get much not with the law being on their side they rather catch you for going a few miles to fast >:(

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2012, 11:30:55 »

He faces up to  6 months prison. rather disgusting. >:( >:(

Martian

« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2012, 11:50:27 »

From my own family's experience I can tell you they wont throw the book at him, it'll be a slap on the wrists and a paultry amount of jail time plus a ban.
There was a story a few years ago in the local rag about a guy who had worked that out and decided to use a car to kill someone that had upset him, but his plan was to down a half bottle of spirits while waiting for the cops to come & nick him after he had run his victim over.

His plan worked fine with the exception that the victim was crippled rather than killed and he was duly sentenced to a paltry 12 months with a couple of years ban to go with it, then with just a couple of weeks to go he starts bragging in prison about how easy it is to make a murder look like a drink/drive accident and to get no time at all for killing someone.

Despite the old saying, it would seem there is no honour among thieves as he was grassed up by another inmate and charged with attempted murder before he made it out of the gate for the original offence.

While I don't condone violence as a resolution to any given problem (it doesn't solve things anyway), I'll give the guy 10/10 for working out how to use the law to get bugger all for such a serious offence (and he gets 0/10 for posession of grey matter when engaging his mouth).

Martian

« Reply #12 on: 07 January 2012, 11:57:31 »

He faces up to  6 months prison. rather disgusting. >:( >:(
We don't know why he ran yet Richie.

He handed himself in to police custody, so it could be a case that he was a new driver that was driving within the speed limit, was 100% legal and he simply panicked when the incident occurred.
If the police find evidence that other offences were being committed at the time (eg, no insurance) then I am in full agreement that the full weight of the law should come down on him as he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 January 2012, 00:29:10 »

There was a story a few years ago in the local rag about a guy who had worked that out and decided to use a car to kill someone that had upset him, but his plan was to down a half bottle of spirits while waiting for the cops to come & nick him after he had run his victim over.

His plan worked fine with the exception that the victim was crippled rather than killed and he was duly sentenced to a paltry 12 months with a couple of years ban to go with it, then with just a couple of weeks to go he starts bragging in prison about how easy it is to make a murder look like a drink/drive accident and to get no time at all for killing someone.

Despite the old saying, it would seem there is no honour among thieves as he was grassed up by another inmate and charged with attempted murder before he made it out of the gate for the original offence.

While I don't condone violence as a resolution to any given problem (it doesn't solve things anyway), I'll give the guy 10/10 for working out how to use the law to get bugger all for such a serious offence (and he gets 0/10 for posession of grey matter when engaging his mouth).

IIRC there is a specific offence in the offences against the person act 1861 for using a vehicle/carriage or whatever as a weapon. Which is obviously alot less serious than murder
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.