Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: elite coloured info display screen from 3 litre  (Read 1878 times)

pizza dude

• View Profile
elite coloured info display screen from 3 litre
« on: 07 December 2009, 07:32:57 »

hello peeps, was wondering if this screen could be made to work in my preface veccy?
no-one seems to know much about them on vec site, just that there meant to be pretty rare as they were a pricey factory upgrade!
this would be a mint upgrade to my veccy, just not sure if possible as been told the screen is driven by the headunit and the double din unit way too big to fit in veccy?

please help, any info realy appreciated, cheers, dave.

feeutfo

Re: elite coloured info display screen from 3 litre
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2009, 09:31:15 »

The Boy on here has fitted a cid to a single din head unit, ncdc 1100 maybe? Something along those lines anyway. The cid is paired to the head unit via security code so,
1, must be compatible head unit
2, needs to be de paired via tech 2 and re paired to match your head unit idealy. Although i beleive this can be worked around now, but will save alot of agro if your cid is in de paired/delivery mode afaik.

May also depend if your vectra is can bus, but i have no idea what that means!

You may also find a nice admin will move this to the ice section, you'll get better help there. :-)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2009, 13:23:12 »

Yes you can, was an option on some Veccy B's. You'll require an NCDR1100 / 1500 and a CID either paired together or preferably unpaired.

Will also need a session with a genuine Tech II (Not "My Naff Code Reader" as it makes a right hash of it!) to pair if unpaired and set the options (wheel size, HID's, etc)

pizza dude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2009, 14:06:13 »

take it these head units are pretty rare then :(

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2009, 14:09:45 »

I wouldn`t have said rare, but the ones floating about are very sought after and commanding quite a high price.
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Welung666

« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2009, 14:11:51 »

You'd do better looking for gold hens teeth and rocking horse droppings ;D ;D ;D

Try eGay.de ;) CID's and head units come up quite regularly there ;) :y

pizza dude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2009, 08:44:59 »

cheers chaps will have to keep my eyes open, i only need the head unit!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 December 2009, 13:27:49 »

cheers chaps will have to keep my eyes open, i only need the head unit!

Sounds like you already have the CID, was it depaired before being removed?, If you manage to get a HU to suit, you will also need the Audio Pass for it (unless things have changed?) and the additional RGB cable.

pizza dude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 December 2009, 18:00:35 »

Sounds like you already have the CID, was it depaired before being removed?, If you manage to get a HU to suit, you will also need the Audio Pass for it (unless things have changed?) and the additional RGB cable.[/quote]

hello mate , i still have the full system installed in my omega, just the double din head unit too big to fit my vectra b!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 December 2009, 19:42:59 »

Sounds like you already have the CID, was it depaired before being removed?, If you manage to get a HU to suit, you will also need the Audio Pass for it (unless things have changed?) and the additional RGB cable.

hello mate , i still have the full system installed in my omega, just the double din head unit too big to fit my vectra b!

Ah ok, so you must have a NCDC 2013 or 2015, as long as the HU and CID live together you can move them arround, its when you want to part them up that you need to put the CID in delivery mode (depaired) so it can be paired to the new HU, so your need the Audio Pass Card for both old and new HU's in order to do this (unless someones cracked that one?).

I didn't know that the CID worked on the single Din NCDC1100 / 1500, I thought they only worked on a GID, but could be miss informed of that one.

I'm actually the other way round, bought a NCDC2013 and CID some time back from a Vectra C to fit my Mig. Then found out that the Veccy C was CanBus so it was a non starter (so Ive been told). :'(

Chris
« Last Edit: 08 December 2009, 19:45:13 by zirk »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 December 2009, 21:30:04 »

Ah ok, so you must have a NCDC 2013 or 2015, as long as the HU and CID live together you can move them arround, its when you want to part them up that you need to put the CID in delivery mode (depaired) so it can be paired to the new HU, so your need the Audio Pass Card for both old and new HU's in order to do this (unless someones cracked that one?).

I didn't know that the CID worked on the single Din NCDC1100 / 1500, I thought they only worked on a GID, but could be miss informed of that one.

I'm actually the other way round, bought a NCDC2013 and CID some time back from a Vectra C to fit my Mig. Then found out that the Veccy C was CanBus so it was a non starter (so Ive been told). :'(

Chris

NCDC for the Mig and Vectra C are the same....the display is a different shape, size and model.

pizza dude

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 December 2009, 23:21:23 »

hello again peeps, the single din unit is ncdr 1100/1500 which is one of the either two i am after. dont think the double din unit would even fit in glove box of veccy, to use for info and sat nav!
pitty realy would be a mint upgrade, not sure of cost of genuine tech 2 to get paired up if a get a single din unit to the cid! where theres a will theres a way! didnt even know they had to be paired till a started posting about the up grade, any info much appreciated, breaking the rest of car but but engine and few other parts gone to my veccy, will put it up on this site when a get time in the appropriate place.

cheers dave.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2009, 16:25:24 »

Yup, NCDR1100 or NCDR1500 is whats need to get CID in a Vectra-B.

As of yet, we have no way of getting the pairing code from a 1100 or 1500 head unit, so it would need to come with its pairing code (or depaired already).

For Tech2, see my sig
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.