Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead battery replaced but won't start??  (Read 841 times)

Arrolman

• Intermediate Member
  • Renfrew,Scotland
    • View Profile
Dead battery replaced but won't start??
« on: 03 March 2011, 14:14:03 »

Hi,

A while since I last posted but this is me just getting round to starting thee suspension stripdown lol, haven't used the car in 6 months but been turning it over and moving it about every week or so. Last moved car 3 weeks ago n parked up, went to start it today and battery is dead. Jump start got me no where so swapped it for my landcruiser battery, still won't start. Am I missing something? Im getting full power to all lights, no dimming when I turn ignition etc, starter motor doesnt engage but can't see how this would be siezed, its as though there isn't enough power to crank it? Immobiliser is off using the fob, any suggestions?

Cheers,
Iain
Looking to win the lottery..........

o-meg-a

• south wales
  • avatar disabled meantime as its mahoosive!
    • View Profile
Re: Dead battery replaced but won't start??
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2011, 14:26:09 »

Is it turning over at all? Is  the starter cranking  the engine, any noises? Like a click?
Might be starter connections if not,
Would try bridging starter and battery to see if it turns if that's the case.

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2011, 18:16:15 »

TRy locking then unlocking with the fob,then try

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2011, 18:20:14 »

TRy locking then unlocking with the fob,then try

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2011, 18:25:14 »

Hi,

A while since I last posted but this is me just getting round to starting thee suspension stripdown lol, haven't used the car in 6 months but been turning it over and moving it about every week or so. Last moved car 3 weeks ago n parked up, went to start it today and battery is dead. Jump start got me no where so swapped it for my landcruiser battery, still won't start. Am I missing something? Im getting full power to all lights, no dimming when I turn ignition etc, starter motor doesnt engage but can't see how this would be siezed, its as though there isn't enough power to crank it? Immobiliser is off using the fob, any suggestions?

Cheers,
Iain

was the car allowed to get to anything like a working temperature? Cars/engines don't like to be started & then stopped almost straight away. Apparently recover services go to loads of cars over the Christmas period when cars have been started & moved a few feet to allow another car off the crowded drive. If the car was still 'on choke' when it was switched off, it's a good chance that you have 'flooded' your engine. Try turning it over with a wide open throttle to help clear the fuel from the pistons (injectors are switched off on WOT)

Xenon

• Chester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2011, 18:31:15 »

Do you have it in park or nutral?

Arrolman

• Intermediate Member
  • Renfrew,Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2011, 21:03:13 »

Hi,

Car when started is left to run or is moved then let run for at least 20 mins each time, lock and unlock? Car is a manual so in nuetral. I managed to get it started by 3 of us pushing it down a nice big hill and bump starting it, was reluctant but started anyway. However, still something not right, TC light is on and won't go off when switch is pressed, also, when revved there is a squeling noise coming from somewhere, not belts or pulleys though :-/

Let it run for 40 mins, switched off and won't restart, so battery on charge tomorrow and see what that brings, always the usual when all I wanted to do was move it to get the wheels off :D

Cheers,
Iain
Looking to win the lottery..........
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.