Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 second power loss's  (Read 315 times)

andy30

• Nottingham
    • View Profile
1 second power loss's
« on: 10 February 2010, 16:24:06 »

hi, i have a post on here already under 'cold starts' (to give u a bit of background on my problem).

anyway relating to this problem i have with my car, im now getting 1 second power cuts when driving the car along with the other problems im having with it! after changing the dis pack, spark plugs, cam sensor and throttle body and doing a diagnostic again, its come bk with just a cam sensor fault? (previously it was a missfire on 2 cylinders, o2 sensor, circuit, rid) although obviously ive already had this changed??? im confused!
the powercuts are bothering me alot as ive got visions of me breaking down on the motorway lol. what cud be the cause of the power cuts? and y is it still saying i hv a cam sensor fault? vx cheaked it over originaly but said they wanted to keep it for abit longer at a cost of £95 to find out what the exact problem is, but i am reluctant to take it back and would like to think i cud fix it myself? wot do u think shud i take it back to vx or change the sensor again myself?...........any advice wud be great guys as i am at my wits end with this and also i hv a holiday booked in devon but i am unsure of the darn thing getting us there lol!!
« Last Edit: 10 February 2010, 16:28:16 by andy1979 »

andy30

• Nottingham
    • View Profile
Re: 1 second power loss's
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2010, 16:26:38 »

also just to add, this morning i did a cold start without the maf on and the was no spluttering or poping what so ever, drove it down the road without it attached and it does have more power than what it has when its plugged in but it is still having the intermittent powercuts??
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.