Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega and dad blowing cold air!  (Read 329 times)

Berty

• View Profile
Omega and dad blowing cold air!
« on: 31 October 2008, 16:53:19 »

This is all new to me I guess thats why im a newbie! Anyway hello everybody. As with many people I'm a little stuck which has led me to finding your web site in the hope of experienced people maybe saving me hours!! My father has (which used to be mine...handmedown) 98S MV6 Omega. Brilliant car its done very well thus far. Well let me start from the beggining (stop terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tireding!) it wont take long. Car problem only blows cold air, it is the climate control version. Cold air front both sides and back. We did have the wet passenger footwell job, I know the heater control module can get damaged but would this give the blowing cold symtom?? fan runs fine as does the whole system but its just cold. Now both of the little motors either side in the footwell work when temp changed from hot to cold. Heater matrix seems to be hot on the top pipe but much colder on the bottom. why is this?  Any help would be great...I thought it might have been the recerc valve 2 pipes in one out but it seems to work if you suck the vac tube. Ive been having a look around...oh and plug holes full of oil to but this seems fairly common....will do the gaskets etc where are the breathers I need to check/clean? A least she'll get some new plugs well im at it and I got to use my vacuum sucky upy thing I bought a year ago!

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks guys

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega and dad blowing cold air!
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2008, 17:14:49 »

Hmmm, sounding like a blocked heater matrix, or an airlock in it.  :'(

Another possibility is that the car thinks its warm enough inside  :-/
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.