Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URGENT HELP  (Read 790 times)

panther

URGENT HELP
« on: 05 August 2007, 17:51:11 »

All,

hopefully someone will be able to help me was driving along and stoppped at traffic lights front window started to steam up and thought nothing of it just turned the heater fan to full and next thing i know i have a burnt foot window is completely covered in steam as is the dash controls, drivers floor under water. I popped the bonnet and took the cap off the water and lots and lots of pressure and obviously water low. Can anyone help with what this could be and why it would start coming through the dash as i need the car for work in the morning

Cheers Si

RonaldMcBurger

Re: URGENT HELP
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2007, 17:52:57 »

Sounds like heater matrix gone. :(

panther

« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2007, 18:11:54 »

Have just been out to it again and everytime i put water in it is draining out and looks like it is ditching towards the back of the engine but cant see from what hope that helps with ideas

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2007, 19:14:16 »

Right, if it is emptying at the back of the engine that sounds like either the heater bypass valve, or the main coolant pip/bridge. Most likely is the HBV. Pop the scuttle off to see. New HBV is "26 and takes about 15 minutes to change.

panther

« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2007, 20:55:46 »

have just taken off the wipers and everything but still cant see anything although the car didnt run up to temp, would it leak even with out the temp or only when it is pressuriesed. Thinking might be best to get it up on ramps to see underneath

panther

« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2007, 20:58:33 »

JUst to add to my last post when i checked the coolant level it had dropped a lot, and there was big puddle under the car but no obvious signs next to the HBV

panther

« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2007, 13:19:33 »

Right def the heater matrix has anyone got a how to

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2007, 13:44:16 »

Of course its not the heater matrix....thats in the cabin!

So, is it the bypass valve, or a coolant pipe.....or is there signs of corrosion on the oil cooler plate in the valley?

panther

« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2007, 13:56:38 »

NO really it is the heater matrix, the water that is emptying from behind the block is from the overflow, the drivers foootwell has been flooded and that was were the steam was from. The HBV is fine there is no water loss from it

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2007, 14:15:30 »

Its not aircon condensate then?

The scuttel drain is not blocked?

Its important to rule out the simple stuff before commiting to a complete dash removal!

panther

« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2007, 20:41:59 »

no checked all those and when you put water in you couild phyicsally see it draining in to the footwell down the side. I have now completely had the dash out and replaced the matrix only taken me since 12 this afternoon only prob i have now is the dash and dials where the scew goes in to it above the steering coloumn the clip got caught and snapped so the dash doenst hold down properly and as such dont work so looks like it is off to scrap yard tomorrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.