Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: breather pipes  (Read 592 times)

OMEGA VXR

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicester
  • I love my Omega
    • View Profile
breather pipes
« on: 26 June 2007, 13:24:54 »

Ive Cleaned all the breather hoses that i could get to but how do you get to the one at the back of the plenum its the one where it looks like its going at the bottom of the engine im refering to the steel one, Ive removed the rubber hose cos mines got a plastic box which is a filter.
Is it a big job?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Lee
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/WJones_2007/Lee%20Photos/DSCF0113-2.jpg[/IMG]  [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/WJones_2007/Lee%20Photos/DSCF0114-1.jpg[/IMG]

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: breather pipes
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2007, 13:33:26 »

I have replaced one on my dads 2.0 jack the passenger side up and put it on axle stand for safety, I suggest you do this with the engine cold then climb under unfortunately you need flexible arms for this but you can reach it easier by going either side of the down pipe, I managed to do it by getting to it from the side, its held in place by 2 bolts not 100% sure whether they are held in with allen key bolts or socket bolts.

Another way to do it is to remove the breather pipe is to remove the exhaust manifold heat shield then remove the rail which bolts to the manifold can be fiddly and involves removing the breather which runs on from the rail, I think you can then reach down and undo the 2 bolts

Both ways can be a fiddly job but once the 2 bolts are removed it just comes away

Hope this helps :y
« Last Edit: 26 June 2007, 13:40:23 by nixoro »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.