Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone working over Xmas  (Read 1206 times)

KillerWatt

Re: Anyone working over Xmas
« Reply #15 on: 24 December 2009, 19:57:42 »

I've not worked a weekend in the last 20 years (and never will), so I'm sure as shit not about to work over the chrimbo/new year period....it simply won't happen.

Boog-a-****ing- loo! A lot of people don't have the choice, whether by rota or needing the extra cash that over time brings.  :-X
I fully understand that some don't have a choice, but is it really mine (or anybody else's) fault that those that don't have a choice made the decision early on to leave school with sweet FA in the way of qualifications?

My old man taught me from day 1 that if you wanna make money, then you need to knuckle down.
If people don't want to put the effort in, then they shouldn't cry like a pussy when their main catchphrase is "would you like to supersize that meal for an extra 30p sir"

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 December 2009, 20:06:04 »

..... but is it really mine (or anybody else's) fault that those that don't have a choice made the decision early on to leave school with sweet FA in the way of qualifications?

My old man taught me from day 1 that if you wanna make money, then you need to knuckle down.
If people don't want to put the effort in, then they shouldn't cry like a pussy when their main catchphrase is "would you like to supersize that meal for an extra 30p sir"

I'm sure there'll be loads of extremely qualified people eg doctors, who'll be working over the Christmas period & won't have a choice in it. There'll be less qualified, but more than willing & able coppers & firemen that will be on rota to work too.

bertiecbx550

« Reply #17 on: 24 December 2009, 20:12:25 »

I get more personal freedom doing this job than i ever did at comet or servis but not as much enjoyment as when i raced round the country on my Cx500 or gt550 everybodys got their own personal choice....Plus i`m 1 of those who left with hardly any qualifications i knuckled down to learn but i soon learnt i never had the practical or therotical knowledge to be 1 of lifes winners so i do what i`m good at and make the best of it sometimes i`m happy sometimes i `m pissed off with it thats life...One thing i`ve come to realise this year is the comfort blanket can be pulled off you quite quickly and then all you have is yourself to fall back too and thats when you learn how much of a man you are and how much of a human being when you have nothing to give but you are willing to try and help somebody else who has less than you....So walk softly my friends dont brag as to what you have or ram it down other peoples throats as it will bite you on that soft and comfortable arse we all sit on.....Merry christmas  :-X

KillerWatt

« Reply #18 on: 24 December 2009, 20:13:01 »

I'm sure there'll be loads of extremely qualified people eg doctors, who'll be working over the Christmas period & won't have a choice in it. There'll be less qualified, but more than willing & able coppers & firemen that will be on rota to work too.
So it's my fault they chose to work for the man instead of themselves?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 December 2009, 20:23:11 »

I've not worked a weekend in the last 20 years (and never will), so I'm sure as shit not about to work over the chrimbo/new year period....it simply won't happen.

Boog-a-****ing- loo! A lot of people don't have the choice, whether by rota or needing the extra cash that over time brings.  :-X
I fully understand that some don't have a choice, but is it really mine (or anybody else's) fault that those that don't have a choice made the decision early on to leave school with sweet FA in the way of qualifications?

So .. if all the pubs, garages, hospitals, taxis, radio stations, TV stations, ambulance crews, fire crews, police, electricity workers etc etc etc ... stopped work you'd be happy sitting at home in the dark ??

Nah .. you'd be the first to whinge .... I'm afraid you come across far to much as an "I'm all right sod everyone else" sort of person.....

You want your own way all the time.....  ever heard of compassion or humanity ???
« Last Edit: 24 December 2009, 20:23:43 by entwood »

KillerWatt

« Reply #20 on: 24 December 2009, 20:39:47 »

So .. if all the pubs, garages, hospitals, taxis, radio stations, TV stations, ambulance crews, fire crews, police, electricity workers etc etc etc ... stopped work you'd be happy sitting at home in the dark ??
More than half the trades you have listed require a degree of intelligence, and therefore one would assume that they aren't having the piss taken when it comes to wages time (even morte so when it comes to working public holidays).

Nah .. you'd be the first to whinge .... I'm afraid you come across far to much as an "I'm all right sod everyone else" sort of person.....
To be honest Entwood, I wouldn't give a flying f**k if society broke down tomorrow.
You are 100% correct in that I do have a bit of an "FU Jack, I'm alright" attitude.....but it's not going to do any good complaining about the last 30 odd years of my programming.

The way I see it is quite simple (simple in my book at any rate)....you can be an arsehole at school and work at Mc D's.....or you can pay attention and get an education.
Nobody is forced one way or the other, it's their choice......just don't complain after you've made your bed  ;)

ever heard of compassion or humanity ???
More so than you or most will ever realise, but there comes a point where "compassion" is replaced by taking the piss.

« Last Edit: 24 December 2009, 20:42:27 by KillerWatt »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.