Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hotels Jc4-2 M4?  (Read 1250 times)

STMO999

Re: Hotels Jc4-2 M4?
« Reply #15 on: 01 September 2009, 21:26:17 »

TB - yes but its on the credit card, which always gets paid off in full later. Expenses are paid in next months pay-roll so should not be a problem.

EP - I am with an umbrella company, its £106 for inside M25, and about £80 ish outside
So why not make do with moderate comfort and pocket the rest :y

I'd love to but they demand receipts  :(
I'm suprised, I stayed in some grotty holes at £22 a night and still claimed £75. Mine never asked for receipts
My old firm, British Telecom (as it was then) used to give us £53 a night for meals and board.  They knew we stayed in £8 per night fleapits (yes, such places existed in Reading in around 1990 ;D).  Or I just travelled every day if it wasn't that far, and still claimed the £53 (and used their fuel to travel every day ::)).

They started asking for receipts, so the engineers stopped volunteering to work in other areas....  :-X

When I was an apprentice for GPO telephones, they called it subsistence allowance.
Now you mention it, I think it was called subsistence :y

Then when it changed to BT, the bean counters were short sighted enough to stop that, with the obvious results.

I left telephones in the mid 90s, so no idea what happens now.

They dont need to go on courses now. BT just send a new phone in an envelope. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 September 2009, 21:30:02 »

TB - yes but its on the credit card, which always gets paid off in full later. Expenses are paid in next months pay-roll so should not be a problem.

EP - I am with an umbrella company, its £106 for inside M25, and about £80 ish outside

I'm suprised, I stayed in some grotty holes at £22 a night and still claimed £75. Mine never asked for receipts
My old firm, British Telecom (as it was then) used to give us £53 a night for meals and board.  They knew we stayed in £8 per night fleapits (yes, such places existed in Reading in around 1990 ;D).  Or I just travelled every day if it wasn't that far, and still claimed the £53 (and used their fuel to travel every day ::)).

They started asking for receipts, so the engineers stopped volunteering to work in other areas....  :-X

When I was an apprentice for GPO telephones, they called it subsistence allowance.

Then when it changed to BT, the bean counters were short sighted enough to stop that, with the obvious results.

They dont need to go on courses now. BT just send a new phone in an envelope. :(
True, all my phone related courses stopped in late 80s (apart from the multiskilling/UG one), but it was when they wanted us in other areas due to high fault rates - I wasn't going to stay away from home unless there was something in it for me ;)
Grumpy old man

STMO999

« Reply #17 on: 01 September 2009, 21:32:03 »

True, all my phone related courses stopped in late 80s (apart from the multiskilling/UG one), but it was when they wanted us in other areas due to high fault rates - I wasn't going to stay away from home unless there was something in it for me ;)

I did subs maintenance, UG, OH and exchange maintenance in......................1969/70 :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 September 2009, 21:33:50 »

I did subs maintenance, UG, OH and exchange maintenance in......................1969/70 :-[
Exchanges aside, sod all has changed, its still only a pair of wires at the end of the day....
Grumpy old man

STMO999

« Reply #19 on: 01 September 2009, 21:35:58 »

Exchanges aside, sod all has changed, its still only a pair of wires at the end of the day....

Bet you've never seen a non-director exchange or an eyeball switchboard. ;D

STMO999

« Reply #20 on: 01 September 2009, 21:44:10 »

Sorry about your thread Tunnie :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 September 2009, 21:58:22 »

Think so (Wasn't Leighton Buzzard one) and Yes
Grumpy old man

STMO999

« Reply #22 on: 01 September 2009, 22:00:55 »

Think so (Wasn't Leighton Buzzard one) and Yes

What...with no uniselectors or anything? No dial tone. Just an operator waiting for you to pick your handset up. Those were the days ;D

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 September 2009, 22:09:03 »

Anyway, back on topic.....

I stayed at the Holiday Inn M4 J4 and it was fine......

Got the £225 exec room for £85 but I know it can be done even cheaper.....

Lovely hotel and room immaculate......nowhere nice as the one we stayed in recently though...Holiday Inn Sokolniki, Moscow....bloody beautiful.......!!!

Looked like Nakatomi Plaza in Die Hard.......!!!

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 September 2009, 02:28:09 »

Lovely hotel and room immaculate......nowhere nice as the one we stayed in recently though...Holiday Inn Sokolniki, Moscow....bloody beautiful.......!!!

What it had Tanks trying to drive into it and Helicopters blowing up on the roof!!! :D.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 September 2009, 07:54:52 »

The one richie posted up earlier looked good. Was close and had a pool. The one in the park as well looked great, so close!

KillerWatt

« Reply #26 on: 02 September 2009, 08:56:43 »

Quite ironic that they were effectively laying Cat5 since day one, especially as they didn't even know what Cat5 was back then.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 September 2009, 17:30:17 »

What it had Tanks trying to drive into it and Helicopters blowing up on the roof!!! :D.

Not exactly....although there was an 8ft security perimeter fence and gas masks in every room.......!!!!

The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 September 2009, 18:34:56 »

The one richie posted up earlier looked good. Was close and had a pool. The one in the park as well looked great, so close!

wether it still goes on or not but there was a side door call girl service a few years ago at the skyline, get a few american businessmen stay there.  ;)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 September 2009, 19:49:40 »

wether it still goes on or not but there was a side door call girl service a few years ago at the skyline, get a few american businessmen stay there.  ;)
Shhhh if Mother Tunnie finds out about that he won't be going. ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.