Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael Gove has a plan  (Read 2621 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Gove has a plan
« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2017, 18:21:40 »

I reckon most cars being sold now will have a quarter century in them at least. So even if that doesnt improve, you'll be covered up to 2060/70. Not sure how old you are, but i doubt I'll be bothered about driving anywhere after that sort of date.

Mechanically I would probably agree....its all the electronics stuffed into cars these days that will let them down and end their life early....so I disagree overall...
We have no worries with the electrics in our car, Dave......it's a Renault  :y

I'll give it 10 years max  ;) ;D Other marques 15  :y

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 26 July 2017, 18:22:47 »

I reckon most cars being sold now will have a quarter century in them at least. So even if that doesnt improve, you'll be covered up to 2060/70. Not sure how old you are, but i doubt I'll be bothered about driving anywhere after that sort of date.

Mechanically I would probably agree....its all the electronics stuffed into cars these days that will let them down and end their life early....so I disagree overall...

I'll give it 10 years max  ;) ;D Other marques 15  :y
Ten years? No f*****g chance  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 July 2017, 20:27:44 »

[/highlight]

A sense of humour is a wonderful thing. :)

Italian electrics from the seventies were also excellent. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2017, 00:01:19 »

That isn't a PLAN, it's an aim.

It's the Brexit 'plan' with a different heading copied onto another blank sheet of paper.

A plan would consist of what they intend to achieve, how they're going to do it, who is going to do the work, a timeline and at least a guess at the costs and implications.

Very good analogy as we are now 13 months beyond the #Brexit vote and where detailed planning should have started on the 24th June 2016, it is just sinking in to office junior May and her f*ckwit clan ministers with Euroatom that 45 years of EU integration and letting them do all the regulation and administration in many areas, there is no longer the slightest hope of the UK setting up the equivalent systems by March 2019, we have now all got to really hope that we can get a transition 1 to 5 years agreement with the EU or the UK is going to fall off a regularity cliff. :o :o :o

This was been brought to office junior May's attention from when she took office, but ignorance is bliss she knows best, not those in the know. >:( >:( >:( As an example, the specification, choosing, evaluating and purchasing the UK wide hardware and software, making the software changes, installation, testing, debugging and test transitions for where we need our own complete customs system where we are leaving the Single Market and Custom's Union by March 2019, delivery times that are being quoted are NOW beyond this. :( :( :(

As the UK and France biggest RORO terminal is Dover-Calais route both ports have problems in getting the physical side set up with this being particularly acute with Dover due to lack of land and space. :( :( :(

This is sadly only the tip of the iceberg as part of the Single Market/Custom's Union, all customs clearance was done at the first point of entry into the EU with Rotterdam being the most important hub for ROW trade, due to the consolidation of many EU countries imports-exports onto a single container ship. For imports and exports, this will no longer be the case as it will also involve a standards compliance and customs control between the EU and UK on top of the EU-ROW one. Such is the booking of imports and exports to the Netherlands as a result of this massive EU-wide hub, this massive distortion of the Netherland's trade figures is known as the Rotterdam effect! :o :o :o

There are so many areas where the EU have all of the systems for the regulation and control setup in a single control centre, so we have closed all the systems and lost the expertise we used to have and we have now got to set up and train replacements.

I always accepted the risk of a recession post-March 2019, but with office junior May's total mishandling of the exit to date (and she has a consistent record of failure as a minister), I now think it is inevitable without a transition arrangement we are going to have a totally unnecessary deep, sharp recession. :( :( :( Now would be a good time to get some recession financial planning in place. :( :( :(

As you know I'm an ardent EU Leaver but I've been shocked by how much we have let our political and administrative skills be taken over by the EU and where the 24th June was a welcome wakeup call to the establishment, 13 months on, I currently don't think they are up to the challenge, I sincerely live in hope I'm going to be wrong, but with each passing day I'm less and less hopeful. :( :( :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.