Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you ready? Apple lovers and haters.....  (Read 2499 times)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Are you ready? Apple lovers and haters.....
« on: 07 March 2015, 13:45:22 »

For the crApple watch campaign.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Get-Ready---Its-About-to-Be-Apple-Watch-All-the-Time-81793.html

There will be NO escape. I think I hate it already.  :(
« Last Edit: 07 March 2015, 13:47:41 by chrisgixer »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Are you ready? Apple lovers and haters.....
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2015, 18:35:40 »

That's not a sector in which they should be playing with their overpriced goods. Too much competition on that count already. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2015, 21:35:31 »

That's not a sector in which they should be playing with their overpriced goods. Too much competition on that count already. ;D

Well this is it. If when it flops, they'll just throw more money at advertising. Not even buying one will make it stop.  :'(

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2015, 12:07:08 »

have never been an crApple fan, but after watching a documentry the other week on the way they treat and pay thier workers then it has put me off them even more. :-\
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2015, 12:10:39 »

have never been an crApple fan, but after watching a documentry the other week on the way they treat and pay thier workers then it has put me off them even more. :-\

That would be the Foxconn contractor presumably ?

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2015, 20:14:07 »

£13,500 the most expensive version  :o :o :o

No doubt it'll sell well people with more money than sense, Wonder if they will release a new one every year, Shouldn't be a problem for people with that kinda cash to waste anyway ;D

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2015, 22:11:31 »

How muuuuuch :o

Just watching the gay video if the gay special event :)

(I'll just leave that door open and see who walks in ;D )

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2015, 11:13:07 »

Mmmm. 'Cos I'd spend £13K on a watch that will work for a year or two until some future irreversible iOS update causes it to grind to a halt, or it needs a new battery and they aren't replaceable.

Let's face it, you could spend 10% of that on a very nice proper clockwork job that would work, with an occasional service, until the end of time, or about 0.01% on a cheap digital one that will keep better time than either with the added bonus that it won't make you look like a "merchant banker".

Oh! But wait! Then I'd have to reach all the way into my pocket to answer my phone? Ahh. all becomes clear. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 March 2015, 11:40:00 »

Mmmm. 'Cos I'd spend £13K on a watch that will work for a year or two until some future irreversible iOS update causes it to grind to a halt, or it needs a new battery and they aren't replaceable.

Let's face it, you could spend 10% of that on a very nice proper clockwork job that would work, with an occasional service, until the end of time, or about 0.01% on a cheap digital one that will keep better time than either with the added bonus that it won't make you look like a "merchant banker".

Oh! But wait! Then I'd have to reach all the way into my pocket to answer my phone? Ahh. all becomes clear. ;D
You can make phone calls on these Crapple Devices, thats a new feature, bonus.  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 March 2015, 11:43:34 »

Bang on. I've got in my box of watches at home a vintage Omega Geneve (I like Omegas  :D) which cost £50, keeps time to within Certified Chronometer standards, dated 1973, and gets more comments and inquiries from people than any lump of plastic from Argos or whatever. I've got an Ingersoll from the 70s, which is the same, loads of people comment, and cost a princely quid.

I'd love to see exactly where these will be in 30 years time. No doubt mint boxed ones will fetch a nice price (fairly unlikely they'll go for more than they cost new, though) just like the LED watched of the 70s, they're worth good money now, a new leap in technology etc.. but not worth the couple of week's average wage they cost in the first place.

Also I hate Apple, or the 'oneupmanship' 'keepingupwiththejoneses' that they encourage. I own one Apple product, it's a 2nd gen shuffle, I got it free with a mobile phone, and is so small and inoffensive no-one knows I've got an Apple product, nothing showy, not any of the 'I've got more money that you' about it. 
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 March 2015, 12:46:34 »

You can make phone calls on these Crapple Devices, thats a new feature, bonus.  :y

Aren't they an addition to your existing phone, rather than a stand-alone device? All of the smaridiotches I've seen are like that, and a respectable android one is available for about 40quid. But that's the Apple/android thing in  a nutshell.

Personally I'll stick with my mechanical watches, even though I know that they are mainly jewellery. And like DBG, I like Omegas; my early sixties Seamaster was regulated by someone who knew what he was doing as it's accurate to about a minute a week.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 March 2015, 13:03:25 »

So a Crapple watch.....I hope its not as fragile as the Crapple phones......and it needs a Crapple phone to work fully....

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 March 2015, 13:18:40 »

Aren't they an addition to your existing phone, rather than a stand-alone device? All of the smaridiotches I've seen are like that, and a respectable android one is available for about 40quid. But that's the Apple/android thing in  a nutshell.

Personally I'll stick with my mechanical watches, even though I know that they are mainly jewellery. And like DBG, I like Omegas; my early sixties Seamaster was regulated by someone who knew what he was doing as it's accurate to about a minute a week.

:y

Good man! Must put up some pics of my watches some time  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 March 2015, 13:30:06 »

Yep. If you don't have a crApple phone they just tell the time. WTF is the point in a watch that just tells.., etc.

I found myself lusting over a vintage Seamaster in a shop window the other week. I suspect I'll crack eventually. ::)

The thing is, whilst mechanical watch movements have been totally outclassed by a microchip under a blob of epoxy, you can still appreciate the craftsmanship that went into making it, and the fact that it works at all, let alone well, given how crude it is by modern standards. Same with a valve amplifier or music from a tiny rock being dragged along a groove in a bit of plastic. It'd be a shame if examples of these things disappeared for good IMHO.

A touch screen, a SOC and a battery in a design cobbled together by a US corporate which dropped off a production line in China run by sub-minimum wage slave labour, on the other hand?

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.