Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Oh Why...  (Read 3092 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Why Oh Why...
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2015, 17:00:25 »

I have this weird split personality with Range Rovers.  The petrol ones, particularly that supercharged one he had 2 or 3 years ago, I drove it like a man possessed, until I came across a bend and realised I was driving a water bed, so had to dump all the speed into the poor brakes.

Fixed for you. Well, my experience, at any rate. ;)
Indeed, sports car it ain't. Horrific understeer if you push it too hard into corners, and at nigh on 3t, it takes some stopping.  But its not intended to be a racer.

And it still accelerates, stops and corners better than a Battlebus, and I'm led to believe the TDV8 variants should return better than the bus' 31mpg...
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2015, 17:30:06 »

I have this weird split personality with Range Rovers.  The petrol ones, particularly that supercharged one he had 2 or 3 years ago, I drove it like a man possessed, until I came across a bend and realised I was driving a water bed, so had to dump all the speed into the poor brakes.

Indeed, sports car it ain't. Horrific understeer if you push it too hard into corners, and at nigh on 3t, it takes some stopping.  But its not intended to be a racer.

And it still accelerates, stops and corners better than a Battlebus, and I'm led to believe the TDV8 variants should return better than the bus' 31mpg...

A V8 Rangie that'll better 30 mpg,that don't sound right to me ::) ::) :D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2015, 17:31:44 »

I'd pay good money to see anything better 30mpg with TheBoy driving.. Now, a V8 range rover... :o

;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2015, 17:33:05 »

I'd pay good money to see anything better 30mpg with TheBoy driving.. Now, a V8 range rover... :o

;)

;D ;D ;D
other rides 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2015, 17:33:48 »

The diesel V8's are supposed to manage it with ease :)
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 January 2015, 17:35:34 »

Someone I know had one and it didn't :-X,it would on a run though if speed kept sensible legal :y
other rides 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 January 2015, 17:35:51 »

;)
My old Rover 420SLDi used to get 40+ with me driving, and 55 with Mrs TB driving  :P.

But it would not do 125mph uphill, no matter how hard it was pushed. So I've been led to believe.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 January 2015, 17:37:31 »

Someone I know had one and it didn't :-X,it would on a run though if speed kept sensible legal :y
Being serious for a mo, I'd suggest mid 20s around town, but a motorway cruise at "unlikely to get a tug" speeds I'd expect to achieve the stated combined figure?
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 January 2015, 17:38:42 »

according to this,around 25mpg in the real world,still bloody good though for a nigh on 3 ton V8 :y

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/land-rover/range-rover/first-drives/range-rover-tdv8
other rides 

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 January 2015, 17:40:15 »

according to this,around 25mpg in the real world,still bloody good though for a nigh on 3 ton V8 :y

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/land-rover/range-rover/first-drives/range-rover-tdv8

And I would have one in a heartbeat at the right money although I'm liking the Touareg at the moment :y
other rides 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.