Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New offer from Tesco  (Read 2946 times)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: New offer from Tesco
« Reply #15 on: 12 July 2013, 22:56:38 »

The Police wont want to know Jimbob! It is a minor incident and a Civil matter on Private Property :(

:y+1 they will only get involved if somebody is injured, the only people that would be able to get to see it is the insurance company and thier lawyers but you would end up losing no claims bonus, much better to stake out and get retribution like brick top would do.  :-X  :y

Oh dear  ::) ::) ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2013, 13:15:28 »

I would be staking out the car park for a couple of weeks   >:( ;) in another car,  8) as they will be back sometime for more shopping, then I would follow them back to their destination, and hey presto they would be left a little present, if you know what I mean.  ;) ;) :-X
Waste of time - not the best of ideas ;D
How do you know who they are - going to examine every blue car that pulls into Tescos?  Plus any damage on their car may have been blown in.  ::)

Yup and take measurements to height of damage, I used to work in a bodyshop so will spot it when I see it  ;) :y

Is it really worth all that effort? ???

Surely better to check if Tesco have CCTV footag
e ;)

They will have it but it is highly unlikely you will ever get access to it due to the data protection act, maybe a subject access request giving them 40 days to provide it but even then they can refuse.

If you show the police the blank piece of paper, they might have a word with Tesco's cctv department  ;)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 July 2013, 22:02:00 »

Sadly as said Police would not bother at all, have a friend at Frescos who will look into the CCTV for me, more concerned with sorting it to make car look good again

Disagree, Chris got hit by an idiot in a supermarket car park, police followed it up correctly, identified the culprit, informed the Insurance co who paid, in full, for repairs to Chris's car, and we also got a letter from the police telling us the offender had been given a formal caution regarding her behavior.

Bob G

• Intermediate Member
  • Gloucester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 July 2013, 22:54:00 »

A few shots of the damage, think I got away very lucky.

albitz

« Reply #19 on: 14 July 2013, 23:36:28 »

I wouldn't call that lucky tbh. Insurance company would probably write it off. A decent body repair man could fic it easy enough as a cash job though.
I would definitely speak to the store manager and the police.Its more than just a normal car park ding.

Bob G

• Intermediate Member
  • Gloucester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 July 2013, 13:18:42 »

Images make it look really bad, but yes insurers may feel write off is best.

CCTV shows a blue car (no kidding Sherlock) reversing to fast, hitting mine, driver gets out looks at damage about to get in and drive off then hesitates and does the note thing, no VRN though only cameras that can get that are in the petrol station, BUT the car sparked a memory with the CCTV operator, more to follow.

Just need a good tin basher now.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 July 2013, 19:56:04 »

Images make it look really bad, but yes insurers may feel write off is best.

CCTV shows a blue car (no kidding Sherlock) reversing to fast, hitting mine, driver gets out looks at damage about to get in and drive off then hesitates and does the note thing, no VRN though only cameras that can get that are in the petrol station, BUT the car sparked a memory with the CCTV operator, more to follow.

Just need a good tin basher now.

Best wishes with that Bob. :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.