Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone on the forum worked with pressed concrete?  (Read 702 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Anyone on the forum worked with pressed concrete?
« on: 16 November 2012, 21:52:37 »

Anyone on the forum stamped concrete?

How easy is it for a competent DIYer? I know you need a fair amount of kit but there seems to be plenty of stamps etc about on the web. I would be doing lots of manageable chunks at say 3 by 2 metres at a time and mixing my own concrete.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone on the forum worked with pressed concrete?
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2012, 22:21:08 »

How easy is it for a competent DIYer? I know you need a fair amount of kit but there seems to be plenty of stamps etc about on the web. I would be doing lots of manageable chunks at say 3 by 2 metres at a time and mixing my own concrete.

Don't be tight and get real block paving..... :D :D :D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2012, 23:35:17 »

Many times...buggered my feet up ;D ;D ;D

Sorry buddy, could not resist ;D :y

This port is lovely 'hic
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Boggy

« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2012, 23:52:53 »

In my experience, you lay the whole slab of concrete, use a trowel of some sort to mix in the base colour, make sure its as flat as possible and let it go off for a bit, not too much then you just sprinkle the release powder in the colour of your choice and lay each pad down, stand on it maybe jump, release it and move onto the next pad. Once you have finished and don't forget the edges need to be printed also, let it harden and dry then washe the release off. the release will give it an aged look if done properly, dependent on the size of the slab, you will need to cut joints about 3 metres apart or off the corner of any drains or other iron work to ensure it doesnt crack. fill these joints with some sealer, mastic maybe. Its been ages since I done this job but finally you will need to seal it, just use a hard yard broom.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2012, 00:04:04 »

It will look terrible .. the chances of you getting exactly the same colour density of each "chunk" is almost nil .. :(

Needs to be done in a large section in one go IMHO, in order to match colour and texture.

Proper block paving allows you do do things over time as all the blocks are the same colour/texture (unless of course you are making a fancy pattern!! )
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.