Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: starter motor help  (Read 1947 times)

JB1977

Re: starter motor help
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2012, 18:10:36 »

going by local prices for reconditioning one the cheapest was £40,so for £25 delivered it made sense. if things werent so tight lately it would have had a new one, but after starting up my own little buisness and buying a some new equipment funds are kinda limited  ::)

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2012, 18:42:49 »

Am wondering if you've got an earthing problem here?

Try connecting a jump-lead from the battery negative terminal to, say, a good point on the engine block, such as a manifold stud/nut.

Then try to start it!
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

JB1977

« Reply #17 on: 12 June 2012, 18:55:58 »

tried all that already mate, had on of my mates pop in from his garage earlier to throw some fresh ideas at it ,but came to the same conclusion its the second hand starter, just one of them things i suppose! cannot complain though nearly five years of ownership and aside from servicing and doing the rocker gaskets its the only time its let me down. not bad for the £1200 i gave for it in 2007! where abouts in the valleys are you from?

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 June 2012, 19:03:37 »

tried all that already mate, had on of my mates pop in from his garage earlier to throw some fresh ideas at it ,but came to the same conclusion its the second hand starter, just one of them things i suppose! cannot complain though nearly five years of ownership and aside from servicing and doing the rocker gaskets its the only time its let me down. not bad for the £1200 i gave for it in 2007! where abouts in the valleys are you from?

Top secret.(about 15 mins from you!)

PM sent.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2012, 19:16:59 by Seth »
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.