Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 25.8 MPG......Why?  (Read 3669 times)

omega3000

Re: 25.8 MPG......Why?
« Reply #15 on: 02 January 2012, 13:09:03 »

Why do Vauxhall make it so inaccessible to the novice mechanic such as myself....   ?

Mmm ??? Guess it wasnt designed for us novices , have you ever tried replacing the auxilary belt  :o :o ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 January 2012, 13:24:43 »

Why do Vauxhall make it so inaccessible to the novice mechanic such as myself....   ?

Mmm ??? Guess it wasnt designed for us novices , have you ever tried replacing the auxilary belt  :o :o ;D

Open the bonnet of Mrs Opti's Corsa 1.2 SXI and the stat is right  there in full view. A ten minute job.......just as it should be.

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #17 on: 02 January 2012, 14:37:33 »

I have fond memories of a stat change on the V6 - with much valuable help/direction from Elite Pete. Thanks again Pete  :y

The joys of the B Bolt, then the hose which could only be removed from the end of the coolant xfer pipe by cutting it off and concluded with the xfer pipe itself which could only be separated from the stat housing by sacrifice!

Agreed re the Corsa, did my Daughters in a Jif.

Good luck

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 January 2012, 14:43:40 »

I'm guessing that they figure that parts such as thermostats are now so reliable that access isn't an issue any more.

Meanwhile, the beancounters spot an opportunity to have a couple of pence per car by fitting cr@p chinese thermostats... ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.