Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone seen one of these actually work in a Miggy? (NCDC replacement)  (Read 8158 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile

I have been following this thread with interest but have no great expectation that I will ever fit an NCDX and CID in my Elite because both the lasers and the CID screens seem to be 'end of life' products with an uncertain life expectancy and little prospect of replacement when they fail :(

Is there a suitable screen (in current production) that will play with the CD70 and could be made to fit in the Omega instrument binnacle?

It seems to me that a future proof solution might employ
- CD70 (or similar)
- new screen (out of an Insignia perhaps?)
- CANbus development board (eg http://uk.farnell.com/microchip/mcp2515dm-bm/kit-demo-can-bus-monitor-board/dp/1676254?Ntt=1676254) to get on the CANbus
- A cheap microcontroller with lots of inputs to monitor all the check control inputs and speed and fuel pulses. This controller would need broadcast the check information on CANbus for the CD70 to display on screen (assuming that is something the CD70 is able to do). This microcontroller might also calculate trip distances and fuel consumption. The Arduino Mega is my current preference for this task http://uk.farnell.com/arduino/a000047/board-arduino-mega2560/dp/1848688
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

05omegav6

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile

By the way, I have a modified Porsche / BOSE adaptor here, that I reckon may well work on an Omega with an aftermarket head unit, just need to find a guinea pig to try it out

I may well be down your way in a couple of weeks, don't mind a play

Assume the mod you speak of is connectors, and that it originally was designed for porsche for the same bose/omega issues we have?
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd

By the way, I have a modified Porsche / BOSE adaptor here, that I reckon may well work on an Omega with an aftermarket head unit, just need to find a guinea pig to try it out

I may well be down your way in a couple of weeks, don't mind a play

Assume the mod you speak of is connectors, and that it originally was designed for porsche for the same bose/omega issues we have?

Yes, its an inline interface that should plug between the ISO block and an aftermarket head unit. - Need to try it out on an Omega first to see if it works, and if so, may well need to put it on some long leads so it can be tucked away somewhere as space is limited.

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.