Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alarm  (Read 1597 times)

peterm

• View Profile
alarm
« on: 23 August 2010, 20:45:43 »

ok it sound stupid but my wife omge alarm flashes the indicators but no sound
now what is the dealy befor full arming in case its that and also apart from power sound  is ther any other item that can cause alarm to play up
as i say it does not go off if you lock door and the lean  in window after or hold bonnet switch down and realse short time after arming but may not be wating long
« Last Edit: 23 August 2010, 20:58:27 by pmattock »

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
Re: alarm
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2010, 21:07:12 »

:o :o :o............
Probly better getting tech 2 or similar on it to see what is stored
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

Welung666

« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2010, 22:00:04 »

Where are you Peter? There are plenty of us around with codes readers capable of reading alarm faults :y

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2010, 22:37:08 »

My car did the same when I first got it. The alarm would flash the indicators but no actual noise.
I discovered the horn and power sounder had been disconnected for some reason, I just re-connected them and it was fine. You need to remove the wiper arms and scuttle trim to access the power sounder and the other normal horn.

peterm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2010, 09:07:25 »

never seen a code come up on my code reader for alarm when iv had it pluged in to do cam cenor ect
may somthing realy silly

ill have alook to see if both pluged in as well never thought of that one

Welung666

« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2010, 09:18:01 »

What code reader do you have?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2010, 10:16:30 »

If the lights are flashing it should also be sounding. Both horn and power sounder are prone to failure and being disconnected if they become a nuisance, so I agree that's the first place to look.

If the alarm is then triggering falsely, it's time to get a Tech 2 on it and see why.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

peterm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 August 2010, 17:12:30 »

im using a gendan eobd with vauxcheck software on my lap top
pluge in to day to find code for maf and bank 0 presure so will keep eye out for these agine

never have seen the light flashing for no reason
may be a faul in the alrm that ic does not see  if ther a realy ther triger horn or a power transitor blow so will take look under bonet at horn and sound first and got from there

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2010, 17:54:27 »

Update your profile with your location, as there may be someone nearby with a proper code reader that may be able to help you out.

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

peterm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 August 2010, 19:20:37 »

well problem solved  the horn is dead and so it power sound infact power sound in beyond ther grave as the 2 large buton celles have leaked and coroded the pcb beyond repair
so of to get a power sounder and have replced horn with a house alarm 130db sounder that's like an old pa horn nice and lound and can tell its wifes going of now
« Last Edit: 24 August 2010, 20:07:40 by pmattock »

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2010, 22:56:43 »

well problem solved  the horn is dead and so it power sound infact power sound in beyond ther grave

Water ingress, at a guess?

When I first got my Omega I noticed the alarm was not sounding so I enquired on this site (or did I just search quietly in the back ground? Can't remember!) about the location of the sirens and discovered mine were both disconnected. I just re-connected them and they have been fine ever since.

It's funny-the car has no interior or dash panels but I've left the red light flashing for the alarm. The car has no handle on the drivers door and doesn't lock or dead lock and if I were to open the door the alarm would go off just as normal. I thought taking the door mirrors off would create a draught in the car and cause the alarm to trigger, but no, I've had no false alarms so gawd knows why the alarm was disconnected originally?

I'd offer you my powersounder and the correct 'normal' horn, but it would be more than my postcount is worth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.