Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm Woes :(  (Read 1183 times)

rastamanblues

• Newbury
    • View Profile
Alarm Woes :(
« on: 17 December 2008, 19:37:59 »

Hey all (apologies for all the topics)

This started this morning, when driving the car home from work.

Whilst driving down the road, the alarm will start going off! Nothing I seemed to try and press whilst driving fixed it, but about 30 seconds later it just switches off and stops sounding. This happened 2 or 3 times on the way home.

When I was home I locked the car as normal, but since then the alarm has gone off quite a few times, literally for no reason at all. And at random times throughout the day.

Firstly any idea whats wrong?

and secondly is there ANY way that I can lock the car without the alarm system being activated at all? (I checked the manual it didnt mention it, the only thing it said was about switching off the passenger monitoring, I tried this but no luck)

Welung666

Re: Alarm Woes :(
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2008, 19:51:10 »

Hey all (apologies for all the topics)

This started this morning, when driving the car home from work.

Whilst driving down the road, the alarm will start going off! Nothing I seemed to try and press whilst driving fixed it, but about 30 seconds later it just switches off and stops sounding. This happened 2 or 3 times on the way home.

When I was home I locked the car as normal, but since then the alarm has gone off quite a few times, literally for no reason at all. And at random times throughout the day.

Firstly any idea whats wrong?

and secondly is there ANY way that I can lock the car without the alarm system being activated at all? (I checked the manual it didnt mention it, the only thing it said was about switching off the passenger monitoring, I tried this but no luck)

Power sounder :y Have a look in the mainenance guides, there is a how2 in there on how to disconnect it :y

Lock the drivers door by reaching round from the rear door then shut the rear door = no alarm!

rastamanblues

• Newbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2008, 19:53:47 »

Thank god! I think if it were to carry on overnight I'd have several neighbors forming an angry mob at the door!

Thanks Welung666  :y

Welung666

« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2008, 19:58:30 »

No prob. If you want to replace it afterwards they are about £50 on TC from a stealer.

rastamanblues

• Newbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2008, 23:24:37 »

Welung666: Havent had chance yet to disconnect the sounder, that is being done first thing 2mrow morning.

In the mean time its been doing it again tonight and its getting worse, the method of 'Lock the drivers door by reaching round from the rear door then shut the rear door = no alarm!'

Doesnt work im afraid I did this several times and the alarm still seems to go off :(

Any more ideas for tonight? I dont want to disconnect the battery as wouldnt that then reset most of the car?
« Last Edit: 19 December 2008, 23:25:06 by rastamanblues »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2008, 00:16:14 »

Disconnecting the battery might be a good call. Normally the power sounder plays up when its' internal batteries die, so chances are it wouldn't last long with the main battery disconnected. Make sure you have the radio code, etc. first.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

rastamanblues

• Newbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2008, 00:29:09 »

Ok, if it goes off again then il disconnect the battery, as long as ive got the radio codes, disconnecting the battery for 8 or so hours cant do any permanent damage can it?

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2008, 00:30:18 »

good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.