Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention headlamp range  (Read 811 times)

tport

• east mids
    • View Profile
Attention headlamp range
« on: 19 June 2009, 20:36:22 »

I am having problems with the self adjusting xenon headlights on my 52 plate Omega 3.2 Elite.  The computer reports “attention headlamp range”.  I have removed and greased both of the sensors on the front and rear suspension but still get the same error.  I will check out the servo motors tomorrow.

I haven't had a car with xenon headlights before.  When I turn on the ignition, should the motors always fire up to move the lights to the required height?  I have turned on the lights before starting the ignition but there is no motor noise and no movement of the beam pattern on my garage wall.

If I find no problem with the servo motors, is the only fix to visit a dealer and connect up to a tech2?

feeutfo

Re: Attention headlamp range
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2009, 12:32:13 »

No, dont go to the dealers....unless you are pushed for time with a pending mot and totally desperate/willing to be ripped off, i would try and contact one of the tech2 owners on here, The Boy will direct you.

In the mean time,
its easy to raise the self levelling to top out/full hight. this takes 2 or 3 minutes in which time you can watch the head light beam on the wall and see which one moves and which does not. You should see the lights move a little every second or so. You will be unlucky to have both head light motors fail so if both are static it would suggest a suspension sensor is at fault, if they look ok then def tech2 to diagnose the exact issue. these parts aint cheap.

If you still have working self level, locate the self level sensor under the rear of the car, just drivers side of the dif near fuel filter, remove the wire tie rod with black plastic rose joints at each end, just lever it off the bottom with a screw driver, and raise the right angle arm fully.
Turn the engine on and leave it running, the suspension should rise. Then watch the lights and see which one does not move via the beam on the wall. They need to be on obviously. ;D :y

hth

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2009, 12:36:42 »

i see you are east midlands so that would make Mark dtm your nearest tech 2 member i guess, def worth a visit to him if he hes time :y

just a thought, usual error reads" headlamp range/ field of vision" iirc, guess we are talking about the same thing?
« Last Edit: 20 June 2009, 12:42:21 by chrisgixer »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2009, 14:46:53 »

Marks DTM Calib is in south Nottingham, and knows his stuff.

For others watching this thread, this is the same error as "Headlight Fld Vision", but sounds like it has a GID or CID rather than MID, so slightly different wording
« Last Edit: 20 June 2009, 14:47:00 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

tport

• east mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2009, 20:39:02 »

Yes, I have the colour display and I guess this message is for the same fault

tport

• east mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2009, 21:24:31 »

Thanks for your suggestion chrisgixer.  I ran out of time today but will try it again next week.

Replaced exhaust today with eternal model, snapped 1 cat screw in the process.  Broke 2 bits trying to drill out the broken screw.  Need to get some better drill bits to finish the job.

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2009, 22:43:21 »

Thanks for your suggestion chrisgixer.  I ran out of time today but will try it again next week.

Replaced exhaust today with eternal model, snapped 1 cat screw in the process.  Broke 2 bits trying to drill out the broken screw.  Need to get some better drill bits to finish the job.

All normal then ;D you may not need to drill all the way through, should come loose a bout half way down the stud, maybe...

TB, i see, noted.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2009, 14:37:42 »

I'm Chesterfield and have a "My Naff Code Reader" if it does the lights check????

If I am any closer, give me a shout.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.