Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non revving 2.5td  (Read 414 times)

maceanruig

• Near Kirriemuir, Angus,
    • View Profile
Non revving 2.5td
« on: 18 February 2008, 12:14:22 »

Hi there,
A few months ago I sought help for my recently acquired 2.5td Omega Elite which wouldn't rev much above 3,000 rpm. I got loads of help none of which helped, and I called out a local mobile tuner which didn't help either. But I have recently solved the problem and thought it might be of use to others, although the circumstances may be quite unusual. I will also sing the praises of the Bosch guy in Dundee who solved the problem.
I took the car along to him the other day and just by looking at the pump he offered a likely explanation (incredible!) and more incredibly had the second hand part to solve it.
To explain, before I acquired the car it had the fuel pump replaced. Instead of having the correct overflow valve fitted this pump simply had a banjo bolt fitted which the Bosch guy spotted and suggested that was the problem. He also produced a second hand valve which he suggested I fit and see if that solved the problem. This I did and after only a couple of hours and several scraped and bruised knuckles, they like to make 'em inaccessible don't they! the new valve was fitted and now the engine revs like it was meant to. I guess, not being technical, that the hole in the banjo valve being too large, the pump was not being pressurised correctly??
Anyway the problem solved and I am in awe of a guy who can spot a problem so quickly - and the valve and his advice only cost me £10.
Hope this might help others.
Slainte!
John :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Non revving 2.5td
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2008, 12:51:35 »

Thanks for the input John, I'll add that one to my list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.