Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oxygen sensor  (Read 595 times)

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
oxygen sensor
« on: 02 November 2007, 14:51:25 »

Hi me again :-[
I have found out that one of the oxygen sensors is faulty on the exhaust, vauxhall have pointed out which one it is, its near side, the one closest to the engine, well has anyone got any tips as i jacked the car up for room, but just isnt enough space, i can undo the sensor with the spanner , but cant quite see where the lead goes to, to plug it in, it seems to run over the top where i cant get to,you have to be a magician to work on these, sensor bloody £80, god the car is lovely looking and extreemely fast but boy do you have to have a big wallet. :o

Im having the cam belt changed on monday as i havent any writen proof of replacement  :'( £210  :'( better safe than sorry. its done 79.000 miles
« Last Edit: 02 November 2007, 14:52:22 by Terry_Seyforth »
DOH!!

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
Re: oxygen sensor
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2007, 15:19:26 »

Im having the cam belt changed on monday as i havent any writen proof of replacement  :'( £210  :'( better safe than sorry. its done 79.000 miles

That's a good deal IF they are changing rollers/tensioner as well (which is a MUST) and do it properly with the timing kit.

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
Re: oxygen sensor
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2007, 10:15:50 »

Yes I will be asking whether thay have the right tools, as I read about the problems with the timing belt, yes they are changing the rolllers, I chose a company called AUTOTEK the cam belt service centre, for the reason they soley do cambelts, full warranty given, I hope I have chosen wisely, the problem is you cant see what they have put into your engine unless you stand over watching, but he did sound quite genuine, he said it would take him about 6 hours to complete, well at least I will get a warranty, if its worth anything  ::)        Thanks
DOH!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.