Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignition Key Synchronizing  (Read 1186 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Ignition Key Synchronizing
« on: 16 June 2007, 22:05:31 »

I thought the battery was flat on my car key, got my tester on the battery, 3.04Volts...
Then noticed that the black plastic carrier that the battery sits in has two connections that are soldered...
Which had come un soldered :-?
So i re soldered the connections refitted the battery preesed the buttons and the red light on the key flashed....Happy Days ;)
But when i press the buttons to open/close the car nothing happens but the red light still flashes :-?
Used my other key to open the car, used the problem key to start the car no problem...
I got out the owners manual to Synchronize the Remote Control and did the following:

Switched on the ignition: system will then remain in synchronizing mode for 30 seconds. (which i did)

Briefly press any button on the remote control unit while the unit is in the ignition.(which i did)

The cental locking system locks and unlocks to show that the remote control has synchronized. (this didn't happen)

Any help Guys Please :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Ignition Key Synchronizing
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2007, 22:10:20 »

I thought the battery was flat on my car key, got my tester on the battery, 3.04Volts...
Then noticed that the black plastic carrier that the battery sits in has two connections that are soldered...
Which had come un soldered :-?
So i re soldered the connections refitted the battery preesed the buttons and the red light on the key flashed....Happy Days ;)
But when i press the buttons to open/close the car nothing happens but the red light still flashes :-?
Used my other key to open the car, used the problem key to start the car no problem...
I got out the owners manual to Synchronize the Remote Control and did the following:

Switched on the ignition: system will then remain in synchronizing mode for 30 seconds. (which i did)

Briefly press any button on the remote control unit while the unit is in the ignition.(which i did)

The cental locking system locks and unlocks to show that the remote control has synchronized. (this didn't happen)

Any help Guys Please :y
Sometimes you have to press the buttons a few times to sync.  Or the fob needs further repair.
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2007, 22:19:54 »

What i did notice was when i pressed the buttons the red light will flash at say 1-2 second intervals, yet the good key fob the red light stays on as long as you press the button if that makes sense :-?

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2007, 22:21:24 »

What i did notice was when i pressed the buttons the red light will flash at say 1-2 second intervals, yet the good key fob the red light stays on as long as you press the button if that makes sense :-?

Are they identical fobs?
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2007, 22:49:20 »

yes they are the same, both worked last week... but thought one was getting ready for a battery as i had to be closer to unlock the car.......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2007, 22:50:11 »

yes they are the same, both worked last week... but thought one was getting ready for a battery as i had to be closer to unlock the car.......
May be worth changing battery anyway...
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2007, 07:03:59 »

I thought you had to insert the key into the ignition, switch it on, and hold both buttons down for about 5secs.

I had to re-sync. mine, after Mark repaired my rear door at the Lakes.

Worked for me.
I like red cars

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2007, 10:27:06 »

I thought you had to insert the key into the ignition, switch it on, and hold both buttons down for about 5secs.

I had to re-sync. mine, after Mark repaired my rear door at the Lakes.

Worked for me.

Press and hold both buttons at the same time?? i will try that then and let you know the out come :y

Cheers Daz

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2007, 13:00:44 »

Tried holding both buttons at the same time whilst the ignition was on, nothing happened only a strange noise that sounded like an angry wasp in the radio area :o
« Last Edit: 17 June 2007, 13:01:10 by Loo-knee »

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2007, 22:15:02 »

Tried holding both buttons at the same time whilst the ignition was on, nothing happened only a strange noise that sounded like an angry wasp in the radio area :o

That would be the in built angry wasp in the radio area ::)
I like red cars
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.