Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: no longer a student bum!  (Read 3618 times)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: no longer a student bum!
« Reply #45 on: 28 June 2007, 14:14:00 »

Good Luck with the new Job :y

Sounds like one not to miss

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28 June 2007, 19:10:26 »

Well got the official transcript though the post today, confirmed my 2:1 degree in Multimedia Technology & Design BSc, and my 76% (A) for my project  :)

Not bad for someone who was in Special needs at school!!

Well just came back from my second interview with a company called 'Pitch', they are a mobile content company based in Covent Garden, London. On my way back i got offered the job!  :D :D :D

They offered a very attractive salary , very attractive considering I am a graduate. Trouble is they want me to start next week, which puts the brakes on my Europe trip. They offered me 2 weeks paid leave, but thats the max they can do.

So I am in 2 minds:

a) The job on offer is excellent, exactly what i want to do, with an incredible salary. But i means my europe trip can be only 2 weeks max

b) not take the job and go for the full month, maybe month and a half trip around Europe.

My concern is, that this job is too good to miss. Even the recruitment consultant mentioned the starting salary was very high for graduates.

I guess i could pack a lot in 2 weeks, I did: Chicago, LA, Las Vegas, San Fransisco in 2 weeks before.

Bit confused here about what to do  :-/ :-/

Congratulations mate, i wish you a bright career.
forget the holidays and start the work, you can go holidays next year.

amigov6

« Reply #47 on: 29 June 2007, 22:41:46 »

Well got the official transcript though the post today, confirmed my 2:1 degree in Multimedia Technology & Design BSc, and my 76% (A) for my project  :)

Not bad for someone who was in Special needs at school!!

Well just came back from my second interview with a company called 'Pitch', they are a mobile content company based in Covent Garden, London. On my way back i got offered the job!  :D :D :D

They offered a very attractive salary , very attractive considering I am a graduate. Trouble is they want me to start next week, which puts the brakes on my Europe trip. They offered me 2 weeks paid leave, but thats the max they can do.

So I am in 2 minds:

a) The job on offer is excellent, exactly what i want to do, with an incredible salary. But i means my europe trip can be only 2 weeks max

b) not take the job and go for the full month, maybe month and a half trip around Europe.

My concern is, that this job is too good to miss. Even the recruitment consultant mentioned the starting salary was very high for graduates.

I guess i could pack a lot in 2 weeks, I did: Chicago, LA, Las Vegas, San Fransisco in 2 weeks before.

Bit confused here about what to do  :-/ :-/

Congratulations mate, i wish you a bright career.
forget the holidays and start the work, you can go holidays next year.
:)Well done. I never made it past O levels, RSA's & LCC's, but hear tales of graduates having to take menial jobs due to lack of positions they had hoped for so if the job & salary are right then i think you know the answer.
     Wish you well mate. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 29 June 2007, 22:51:47 »

i know what your mean about crap jobs after uni, i know a few people from my cause will get those. But thats because they are A-holes!

Those who did not take the placement year are fools too, the story is. If you do well, do a placement year and get some experience,  and do a VERY good project you will get a job.

I got my new job and kick-ass salary because of my final year project!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #49 on: 29 June 2007, 23:48:53 »

i know what your mean about crap jobs after uni, i know a few people from my cause will get those. But thats because they are A-holes!

Those who did not take the placement year are fools too, the story is. If you do well, do a placement year and get some experience,  and do a VERY good project you will get a job.

I got my new job and kick-ass salary because of my final year project!

Enuff of your smugness Tunnie....just get you arse down to Swindon and change my rear brake pads..... ;D

Only jesting....well done m8  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.