Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Queen" Camilla  (Read 1357 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: "Queen" Camilla
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2010, 23:31:13 »

I was under the impression that Charles was never going to be King, such was his unpopularity and that Wills would be the next King......is this not why the Queen is hanging in there? 

Where'd that come from?  :-? No reason at all to believe that Charles won't ascend after the Queen dies ....... he'll be 80-ish if the Queen Mum is anything to go by.  ;)

Not sure Andy, post Di's death I guess, he is or was not particularly popular............. :-/ :-/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 November 2010, 07:59:10 »

When it was announced he was going to marry Camilla, I expressed my objections in writing to both the Queen and the Archbishop of Canterbury. As the future head of the C of E Charlkes should have lead by example. Right then I knew Camilla would end up being Queen.

It is all absolutely diabolical. Two fingers to the people.

For sure Charles will be next King unless he dies before the Queen does. For what it is worth I think Wills would be a good king. :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mysteryman

« Reply #17 on: 20 November 2010, 08:27:43 »

I certainly would not stand for the national anthem if she became queen. Old tart.

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 November 2010, 09:00:35 »

yes, if Queen Elizabeth II dies (she'll never abdicate - quite rightly) and Charles is still alive then of course he'll be King, and whoever he's married to becomes Queen....why on earth would they change that? And attacking Charles for taking rent.....hmmm - as his mum is the largest land owner in Britain, am I to think she recieves no rent for any of her vast estates? so why single out Charles?

And another thing - how come Charles is pilloried by everyone for marrying the woman he loved all along? With Di, there were never in love - she had numerous affairs, including having a son with that captain guy, forget his name - it was an arranged marriage which didn't turn out well. Now his son does the same thing and everyones happy - cheers for taking the bullet on that one dad  :y

a mate of mine is an ex-para and has nothing but the utmost respect for Charles for other reasons - won't hear a word against him  :y
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

HolyCount

« Reply #19 on: 20 November 2010, 09:57:25 »

Yes, I have a certain amount of sympathy for Charles on the love stakes.  If he married for love in his younger days it would probably have been Astrid of Luxembourg  ---- but that was stymied because she was Catholic.

Diana was, effectively a lamb to the slaughter, and there to provide the requisite son and heir. However, through her, William will bring back "British" Royal Blood to the throne.

And why shouldn't Charles be pilloried for having an affair with another woman while married to Diana. If he loved Camilla all the time he should have had the spine to marry HER in the first place --- he can break with royal protocol now -- why not then. Yes ... he was young and impressionable, but I stray off the point. When us peasants cock up we get stick, why shouldn't Charles.

Incidentally I am a Royalist and the Queen is an exemplary Sovereign. Charles, however, might be a different kettle of fish.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 November 2010, 11:22:06 »

Yes, I have a certain amount of sympathy for Charles on the love stakes.  If he married for love in his younger days it would probably have been Astrid of Luxembourg  ---- but that was stymied because she was Catholic.

Diana was, effectively a lamb to the slaughter, and there to provide the requisite son and heir. However, through her, William will bring back "British" Royal Blood to the throne.

And why shouldn't Charles be pilloried for having an affair with another woman while married to Diana. If he loved Camilla all the time he should have had the spine to marry HER in the first place --- he can break with royal protocol now -- why not then. Yes ... he was young and impressionable, but I stray off the point. When us peasants cock up we get stick, why shouldn't Charles.

Incidentally I am a Royalist and the Queen is an exemplary Sovereign. Charles, however, might be a different kettle of fish.

Well said. The Royals behave as they always have done however what was OK in "olden days" isn't anymore. We are all too well informed and have our rights. Regardless of any good he has done it was a premeditated mistake. And that from the future head of our church no less. It still stinks.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

albitz

« Reply #21 on: 20 November 2010, 17:16:08 »

Queen Camilla?? :o :o.........Queen of whores would be more appropriatec imo. >:( >:(
I think what she and Charles did to Diana was utterly disgraceful, and neither of then should ever be forgiven for it.
Charles certainly didnt marry for love, but Diana did. At that time she was a young, vulnerable, naive girl who had no idea what she was letting herself in for. Charles had been shagging old horseface behind her husbands back for years before he got married and he continued to do so all through his own marriage, long before his wife embarked on any of her affairs.
When she became the darling of the media, the spoilt little brat was so jealous that he had his own people undermine her at every opportunity, to try to put her in her place.
When she confronted him about Camilla he was reported to have replied "for gods sake Diana, do you seriously expect me to be the first Prince of Wales not have taken a mistress?" - this was towards the end of the 20th century ffs!
When she wouldnt see things his way, he and his mistress made her life such a misery that it drove the poor girl to the brink of insanity. They then constantly briefed ther friends in the press that she was an unhinged basket case - thats sick imo.
I think that the behaviour of the Royals at the time of her death, and the fact that they didnt shed a tear between them,but not long after, they cried like babies because their yacht was taken out of service, speaks volumes about them.
From what I have seen of William in the press etc. he comes across as a genuine human being (something his idiotic father could never be) and I would like to see him take the throne, when granny pops her clogs. It wont happen though imo. Charles wants it bad, he has been chomping at the bit for years to get the big job.
I feel sorry for the girl though, when the novelty wears off, she will forever be a bird in a gilded cage.
Im not a great Royalist myself, but as Martin Imber mentioned, it is the one thing that prevents us from having someone like Bliar install himself as president. ;)
« Last Edit: 20 November 2010, 17:19:04 by albitz »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 November 2010, 21:11:03 »

I certainly would not stand for the national anthem if she became queen. Old tart.

but if you were standing, you'd be standing for the King, not the Queen ..... who ever that might be.

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 November 2010, 09:36:16 »

Queen Camilla?? :o :o.........Queen of whores would be more appropriatec imo. >:( >:(
I think what she and Charles did to Diana was utterly disgraceful, and neither of then should ever be forgiven for it.
Charles certainly didnt marry for love, but Diana did. At that time she was a young, vulnerable, naive girl who had no idea what she was letting herself in for. Charles had been shagging old horseface behind her husbands back for years before he got married and he continued to do so all through his own marriage, long before his wife embarked on any of her affairs.
When she became the darling of the media, the spoilt little brat was so jealous that he had his own people undermine her at every opportunity, to try to put her in her place.
When she confronted him about Camilla he was reported to have replied "for gods sake Diana, do you seriously expect me to be the first Prince of Wales not have taken a mistress?" - this was towards the end of the 20th century ffs!
When she wouldnt see things his way, he and his mistress made her life such a misery that it drove the poor girl to the brink of insanity. They then constantly briefed ther friends in the press that she was an unhinged basket case - thats sick imo.
I think that the behaviour of the Royals at the time of her death, and the fact that they didnt shed a tear between them,but not long after, they cried like babies because their yacht was taken out of service, speaks volumes about them.
From what I have seen of William in the press etc. he comes across as a genuine human being (something his idiotic father could never be) and I would like to see him take the throne, when granny pops her clogs. It wont happen though imo. Charles wants it bad, he has been chomping at the bit for years to get the big job.
I feel sorry for the girl though, when the novelty wears off, she will forever be a bird in a gilded cage.
Im not a great Royalist myself, but as Martin Imber mentioned, it is the one thing that prevents us from having someone like Bliar install himself as president. ;)

Mr Albs there, speaking from the 1890's and now.....the weather  ;D
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Mysteryman

« Reply #24 on: 21 November 2010, 13:48:01 »

but if you were standing, you'd be standing for the King, not the Queen ..... who ever that might be.

Eventually. But when Charles becomes king, the wembley faithful will take forever to remember to change the words, so I'm staying sat. ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.