Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd road marking  (Read 1833 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Odd road marking
« on: 06 September 2017, 18:58:02 »

Across the road from me[I live in one of a row of bungalows]the houses are all semi detached-I don't know whether private or rented-anyway chap nearly opposite me is a service engineer of some kind and has his works van at home which he parks either on his drive or on what was his front garden depending on where his other half parks her 4x4 thing.She has something of a sideline going baking celebration cakes and such like,so there are often cars parking all over the place while they collect these cakes.Recently he has also started a part time sideline to do with bouncy castles so he often has a large Transit parked half on the pavement part on the road outside the front of the house.Today when I've got home I've seen the council[or whoever's responsible for such things]have refreshed the double yellow lines outside our bungalows and the white give way markings at the end of the road.At the same time a white line with a "T" piece at each end has appeared outside this chaps house extending from the boundary fence with his adjoining neighbour across the front of the house,his drive way and his other neighbours drive way.So what does this white line mean,surely you cannot "reserve" a parking space on a public road?The double yellows have been there before we moved in and only been refreshed it's only this extra white line that's a new addition.

STEMO

Re: Odd road marking
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2017, 19:00:44 »

Picture please. Don't know how you're gonna do it, coz you haven't got a bedroom window, not one high enough, anyway.  ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2017, 19:16:50 »

I could take a picture easily enough,but once I get the developed photos back from the shop how do I get them into the computer?It doesn't seem to have a slot big enough to fit a photo into

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2017, 19:18:45 »

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2017, 19:20:25 »

You mean this (pic)

Council markings idicates there is a droped kerb / vechile access required, therefore dont park within the marked area, not sure if its enforcable though under Highways.  :-\

« Last Edit: 06 September 2017, 19:22:50 by zirk »

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2017, 19:26:54 »

You mean this (pic)

Council markings idicates there is a droped kerb / vechile access required, therefore dont park within the marked area, not sure if its enforcable though under Highways.  :-\

So....it might be to stop your neighbour from parking on the kerb.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 September 2017, 19:56:08 »

Yep,that's the marking right enough.But in this case the line extends a good fifteen[maybe more]past the drop kerb to the two houses as it spans the width of what was his front garden not only his drive way.Whichever vehicle they have parked on the "garden" is parked sideways on to the pavement as it's not deep enough to take a normal sized vehicle parked nose[or tail] on to the house.The only people I've seen blocking his drive is either himself,his other half or their visitors and/or her customers picking up their cakes.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 September 2017, 20:09:27 »

Yep,that's the marking right enough.But in this case the line extends a good fifteen[maybe more]past the drop kerb to the two houses as it spans the width of what was his front garden not only his drive way.Whichever vehicle they have parked on the "garden" is parked sideways on to the pavement as it's not deep enough to take a normal sized vehicle parked nose[or tail] on to the house.The only people I've seen blocking his drive is either himself,his other half or their visitors and/or her customers picking up their cakes.
Well that doesn't sound right then, the end of the H is normally within the drop kerb, within the angled drop bit or slightly outside the drop ir, stops around the raised kerb, guessing its doe=wn to nthe painter or space is available to the next drop kerb markings.

If you saying it goes all the way along outside his property where the its a normal kerb, then, hmm.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 September 2017, 20:19:46 »

Yes it covers both his and his neighbours drive way[which are adjoining]then all the way along the front of his property to the boundary fence with his other neighbour.Although all the houses that side of the street have their own drive ways with drop kerbs this is the only white line on that side of the street.My side of the street has double yellows for the full length of the road and we don't have any off road parking available at all the council/housing association won't allow it. >:(

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 September 2017, 18:58:07 »

So got home today and surprise,surprise a woman who from appearances seems to be a part time[at least]assistant in the cake making venture has her X5 parked on the white line across the front of the house,while another visitor has their Juke parked on most of the rest of the white line blocking access to both drive ways!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2017, 19:47:22 »

Outside of London the regulations and enforcement seem as clear as mud! :-[ :-[ :-[

http://www.drivingtesttips.biz/dropped-kerb-parking.html
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lincs Robert

« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2017, 20:49:32 »

So got home today and surprise,surprise a woman who from appearances seems to be a part time[at least]assistant in the cake making venture has her X5 parked on the white line across the front of the house,while another visitor has their Juke parked on most of the rest of the white line blocking access to both drive ways!

I HATE Jukes - they have to be the ugliest vehicle ever, even worse than the last Scorpio!

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 September 2017, 21:06:10 »

I HATE Pukes - they have to be the ugliest vehicle ever, even worse than the last Scorpio!

I have edited that for jesting.

Butt Ugly or just not what you are used to ?

What about a Cactus ? Weird or what? and a Multipla ?

Lincs Robert

« Reply #13 on: 07 September 2017, 22:51:00 »

I HATE Pukes - they have to be the ugliest vehicle ever, even worse than the last Scorpio!

I have edited that for jesting.

Butt Ugly or just not what you are used to ?

What about a Cactus ? Weird or what? and a Multipla ?

Well the Multipla was so unpopular in Italy that they restyled the weird bit. Cactus ain't too bad, although neither are my cuppa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.