Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't remember the last time I was this tatered  (Read 904 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Can't remember the last time I was this tatered
« on: 22 April 2016, 19:15:16 »

Spring is always a busy time of the year for us. This year is no exception as it is our bi annual olive tree prune.

Loads of free logs available eslewhere BUT you have to be quick. Owners want rid before olive flies emerge.

So this morning we were out early chainsawing logs till about 1. Then it was putting our pruning into lines for mincing (used to burn it but so many rules and regs now it is safer to pay a contractor who wants to come to our area very soon).

More chainsawing this evening while we waited for a delivery of building materials for a new floor we are laying upstairs. The chap got lost (hadn't been given the map I drew for him) and didn't turn up till 7p.m. Just offloaded 15 bags of cement, 46 bags of lightweight clay pellets, sheets of reinforced metal grid and metal rods plus a host of other materials like guttering we had delivered at same time. All got to be put away upstairs.Another hour should see it done. Thank goodness for a ready prepared chilli that is festering away. Cool bottle of wine and the last episodes of the Game of Thrones (that we have). Finished Breaking Bad last night. That was so good. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Can't remember the last time I was this tatered
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2016, 19:59:38 »

Good day's work there! Sounds like you have a really nice setup out there. Was it a "retirement" choice - given the work you're doing I use retired in the loosest possible sense!

Also (being nosey) what are the clay pellets used for? Not heard of them as a building material in the uk.

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2016, 20:07:35 »

Well earned supper, that ;D

If you enjoyed Breaking Bad, there's two seasons (so far) of its prequel... Better Call Saul... same production team and just as well crafted 8)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2016, 22:35:56 »

Sorry, i thought you said TASERED  :o

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2016, 22:51:42 »

Good day's work there! Sounds like you have a really nice setup out there. Was it a "retirement" choice - given the work you're doing I use retired in the loosest possible sense!

Also (being nosey) what are the clay pellets used for? Not heard of them as a building material in the uk.

We were fed up of long hours and the rat race. Became olive farmers. Just been out to walk the dog and apart from a nightjar and a nightingale couldn't hear anything else.

Lightweight clay pellets. The ones we use are made by Weber.es called Arcilla. Easy to use . Follow recipe. Mica quantity with so much water. Then and so much cement powder and some more water. Lay on your old floor with reinforced metalwork above old floor . Sounds naff but it really works. Then when it has set and gone off you can tile. 1st floor is old round wooden beams with cane laid over and daub on that. Underside is plastered.

I'll have to take photos but it is a bit dull compared to Marks DTM s project.

I'll getBetter Call Saul. Thanks for the recommendation.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2016, 23:19:23 »

Well earned supper, that ;D

If you enjoyed Breaking Bad, there's two seasons (so far) of its prequel... Better Call Saul... same production team and just as well crafted 8)

Good series that, and it`s getting better  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.