Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Note re: Rain sensing screen rear view mirrors...  (Read 776 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Note re: Rain sensing screen rear view mirrors...
« on: 14 October 2015, 17:25:57 »

Head's up OOFers.... Just grabbed the grey plastic cover/trim panel from a Vectra C today whilst I was at the scrappy getting a back bumper... The trim that covers the rear view mirror fitting and rain sensor.

Wet to pop it in place in the car park only to find that there's about an inch gap between top of the trim piece and the start of the headlining, if you want to cover the rain sensor, with a little of the mirror mounting bracket showing. To cover the top of the bracket that holds the mirror in pace will require the piece(s) to be bent a little. I can't say if the hole for said mirror will line up with the mirror, yet (don't have the right mirror yet) so it may well be a complete no-go even with fettling.

Maybe an Astra / Corsa one will work as well as /instead of the (not exactly abundant) Omega one? I will try and have a nosey in a showroom to see what other trim panels rain sensing screen-equipped Vauxhalls have, in case another one fits. However, for now, for simple 'plug n play' the Omega black plastic trim appears to be the only option.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

Re: Note re: Rain sensing screen rear view mirrors...
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2015, 17:47:25 »

Requires a rain sensor screen... Should then fit fine as the mirror mount sits nearer the top ;)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2015, 17:54:19 »

Already got ye olde rain sensor screene  :y

Literally, the top of the mirror bracket measuring to the bottom of the rain sensor bracket is (for argument's sake) '10cm', and the trim Vectra trim piece is (for argument's sake) 9.6cm, plus there's an inch gap between top of the trim piece and the headlining. So the trim piece is too short/dumpy

I'll have another look, but looks like the Vectra mirror bracket and rain sensors are closer together than Omega ones. Worth maybe taking a tap measure into the scrappy to confirm...  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2015, 19:38:38 »

Ok, on the plod, had an Omega rainsensor mirror/trim fitted to a plain screen and there was an inch gap, new, correct screen and no gap.

Had noted similar when I fitted a VectraC autodimming mirror to the Oxymoron, but never got around to having the screen corrected, so admit to presuming it would have sorted itself out with the screen change :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.