Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5td tuning  (Read 1362 times)

omegaelitetd

• bedfordshire
    • omega 2.5td elite
    • View Profile
2.5td tuning
« on: 18 June 2015, 13:50:28 »

hi,

ive recently saved a w reg omega 2.5 td elite, manual saloon from scrap after the viscous fan snapped of and blew the rad and headgasket.

anyway, ive had all the work done, and removed the viscous fan now, and its all mot'd and running now.

i was told previously on here that you can get a tuning chip to take it back to bmw power + 10%???

is there anything else i can do to give it abit more grunt? remove the cat?

thanks for any help!

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5td tuning
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2015, 14:06:51 »

Generally 'chip it' but there are chips, and there are chips. Plenty on here will have more expertise (I owned one, but never had it chipped) also you'll be told worth changing the gearbox to an 'AR35' (these found on 3/3.2litres, most Omegas have the 'AR25') as the extra torque will rip the box to bits if you thrash it very much.  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2015, 18:11:08 »

Generally 'chip it' but there are chips, and there are chips. Plenty on here will have more expertise (I owned one, but never had it chipped) also you'll be told worth changing the gearbox to an 'AR35' (these found on 3/3.2litres, most Omegas have the 'AR25') as the extra torque will rip the box to bits if you thrash it very much.  :y
Its a Manual

« Last Edit: 18 June 2015, 18:14:05 by zirk »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2015, 19:05:30 »

Its a Manual

Yet another good reason for fitting an AR35. ::) ::) ::)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2015, 22:14:42 »

Its a Manual

Yet another good reason for fitting an AR35. ::) ::) ::)
Na, if you want good mpg from the 2.5TD its got to be Manual all the way. :y
« Last Edit: 18 June 2015, 22:18:18 by zirk »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2015, 22:59:24 »

Drop a PM to TheBoy, as he knows good sources. Having been in manual and auto chipped TDs it's A must have mod for these engines. More power, better mpg.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2015, 01:05:10 »

Drop a PM to TheBoy, as he knows good sources. Having been in manual and auto chipped TDs it's A must have mod for these engines. More power, better mpg.
No, back off a bit here, Ive owned and Tarmac Raced a few of these 2.5TD's both in BM and Omega flavor, these Engines can be so temperamental in power output, my best advise is get these Engines running sweet as they should be before you chip or tune them.

To the OP, dont de cat it, unless its for off road use, your rag the standard exhaust on it and it will sound awful. if you want to upgrade the exhaust for more power go Stainless Performance, and you can lose the back box for a straight through, as it doesn't do much.

As for more power over standard BM, do some research on the BM SE's, they had a slightly bigger Turbo with higher Boost pressure and improved Oil Intercooler with a improved re Map.

The 2.5TD's straight six lumps can produce up to 200 BHP, but in my honest opinion dont last long once you push them above 180 bhp mark.

If you need a Re Map Chip over standard Omega spec, send me a PM. or send a PM to The Boy ;)

« Last Edit: 19 June 2015, 01:11:29 by zirk »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.