Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for it to go - dilemma  (Read 4447 times)

05omegav6

Re: Time for it to go - dilemma
« Reply #15 on: 17 March 2015, 16:34:08 »

Sad thing is it's not a shed - cosmetically. OK it has a few scuffs here and there but it's still shiny and bar the small burn mark on the seat the interior is great - the back seat has been sat on less than a dozen times I reckon. On the go it is sweet but things just seem to have happened all at once - over the last 8 months really. To fix the strut bushes, do the cambelt change, fix the cats and the oil leak, possibly the thermostat is going to set me back best part of a grand if I do it myself, and then it'll be worth less than that because people don't appreciate how good Omegas are. There is always the concern about what's round the corner as well.

With that lot done, the car should be good for a while yet... put another way, anything you buy as a replacement will either need things doing, (brakes/tyres/servicing etc), or you'll be paying a premium in the first place... and even then there's no guarantees that significant work won't be required imminently  :-\

Merlindriver

• Shropshire
  • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 March 2015, 16:54:27 »

Hence the thread title - dilemma!

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 17 March 2015, 17:17:14 »

That's my point, there is no dilema... better the devil you know and all that...

If you like the car, prioritise the jobs and fix it.

If you don't like it, the flog it and buy summat else safe in the knowledge that it too at some point will need money spending/will be less comfortable/wwd.
'
The question you should therefore be asking is 'Do I like it?'

Simples :y

Merlindriver

• Shropshire
  • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 March 2015, 17:30:23 »

Thanks a bunch - that is the last thing I need, someone asking me to make a rational decision.  8)

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 17 March 2015, 17:46:43 »

Thanks a bunch - that is the last thing I need, someone asking me to make a rational decision.  8)
Nothing rational about it... one of mine has 267k miles on the clock, been written off three times and I still have it ::)

Why? Because I like it, pure and simple :y

Merlindriver

• Shropshire
  • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 March 2015, 17:49:07 »

Do you want another one  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 17 March 2015, 17:55:30 »

If I had the space I would, but I currently have two estates, one pretty sorted apart from needing a new screen for its MoT and tother I acquired recently, and awaiting a front suspension rebuild/full service/cambelt/aircon regas and some paintwork... not to mention an as yet unidentified coolant leak (I haven't looked yet) or rocker cover gaskets or the fact that the MoT on that expires on Thursday :-X

Merlindriver

• Shropshire
  • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 March 2015, 18:29:00 »

If I had the space I would, but I currently have two estates, one pretty sorted apart from needing a new screen for its MoT and tother I acquired recently, and awaiting a front suspension rebuild/full service/cambelt/aircon regas and some paintwork... not to mention an as yet unidentified coolant leak (I haven't looked yet) or rocker cover gaskets or the fact that the MoT on that expires on Thursday :-X

Mine sounds ok then  ;D

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 March 2015, 16:32:15 »

As much as I love it it is time for my 52 plate Omega Elite to go as a 3.2 just isn't viable as a commuting car for the distances I cover. Sadly I am not sure I'll be able to sell it as there are a number of things wrong with it which I can easily put up with but won't make it very attractive to a buyer. It has the dreaded P0420 and P0430 codes that clear for a short while with the OBD reader but alwyas come back, the drivers heated seat back shorted and burnt a hole in the leather, the aircon won't hold a charge, the Bose system sounds great but won't read a sat nav or audio disk in the single CD player and it has a slight oil leak from the bellhousing which is almost certainly the rear crankshaft seal. On top of that it is now due a cambelt change. Other than that it is great and at a shade over 100,000 miles with 6000 mile oil changed the engine is still so sweet. I am really reluctant to send it to the scrappy as it's got to be worth a whole lot more than they are prepared to offer so what should I do. Any ideas on what it might fetch as is because I see little merit in shelling out loads to fix a car that ultimately isn't going to be worth that much.

Ah this one  ::) Got my work cut out on this then

Wonder if serek's busy  ??? :D
« Last Edit: 19 March 2015, 16:34:37 by EMD »
Omegatitis

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 March 2015, 16:47:14 »

Actually, scratch that, I have just discovered what they cost :o

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1755240.html

Nice little one at work doing nothing, wonder if they would miss it ::)

Merlindriver

• Shropshire
  • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 March 2015, 11:47:57 »

Actually, scratch that, I have just discovered what they cost :o

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1755240.html

Nice little one at work doing nothing, wonder if they would miss it ::)

Iconic helicopter - with any luck I'll be qualified on the Huey by the end of the year   :)

ted_one

« Reply #26 on: 20 March 2015, 12:05:53 »

Hopefully it will be a fully kitted gunship,and I will be only to pleased to crew up as your trigger man,and I even have a confirmed first target,this being my local council's Planning and Highways dept.(long story)  think we can do a proper job on  them without to much collateral damage. ::) :y

Merlindriver

• Shropshire
  • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 March 2015, 13:01:12 »

Hopefully it will be a fully kitted gunship,and I will be only to pleased to crew up as your trigger man,and I even have a confirmed first target,this being my local council's Planning and Highways dept.(long story)  think we can do a proper job on  them without to much collateral damage. ::) :y

It has a .50 cal each side if that helps - sadly decomissioned but make a good noise. The Loach I fly has a Minigun - again decomissioned and sadly silent (for the time being)!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.