Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing coolant pipe 2.5 V6  (Read 2790 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: Removing coolant pipe 2.5 V6
« Reply #15 on: 23 August 2013, 07:35:09 »

Remove the coolant bridge instead and use a long 8mm socket on the torx bolts of the transfer pipe. I must have done about half a dozen like that :y
Am I right in assuming there are only two bolts?

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 August 2013, 07:58:27 »

2 bolts hold the coolant transfer pipe to the back of the block.

As advised 8mm deep socket..I found it easier to put a large piece of foam on the front slam panle then kneel on that ,allowing you to get to the back of the engine.Suggest a mirror on a flexy shaft first just so you get the idea of what you need to work on.

Coolant bridge must be removed,along with dropping the exhaust downpipe from the manifold.Leave oil cooler pipes well alone as they don,t require moving/undoing.

Once both transfer pipe bolts are removed you will be able to wiggle and thread the main coolant pipe clear,then you can get onto all the manifold studs/nuts.

I assume you have removed all the bolts from the heat sheilds as 1 is right at the back and difficult to see....as with most of this job it is ackward and done by feel.

JayMV6

• Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 August 2013, 16:49:52 »

For a bit better access and elbow room you could whip the wipers and scuttle off. Only takes 2 minutes

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2013, 09:39:38 »

2 bolts hold the coolant transfer pipe to the back of the block.

As advised 8mm deep socket..I found it easier to put a large piece of foam on the front slam panle then kneel on that ,allowing you to get to the back of the engine.Suggest a mirror on a flexy shaft first just so you get the idea of what you need to work on.

Coolant bridge must be removed,along with dropping the exhaust downpipe from the manifold.Leave oil cooler pipes well alone as they don,t require moving/undoing.

Once both transfer pipe bolts are removed you will be able to wiggle and thread the main coolant pipe clear,then you can get onto all the manifold studs/nuts.

I assume you have removed all the bolts from the heat sheilds as 1 is right at the back and difficult to see....as with most of this job it is ackward and done by feel.
Thanks for advice. I have removed both transfer pipe bolts, but I cannot wiggle the pipe clear. It seems well and truly stuck. Both ends are free. Is there a clamp somewhere? I cannot see one.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 August 2013, 09:50:29 »

IIRc it is bolted to the engine lifting bracket on the side of the block, would guess you will have seen this though :-\
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 August 2013, 10:46:43 »

IIRc it is bolted to the engine lifting bracket on the side of the block, would guess you will have seen this though :-\
Thanks! No, I had not noticed that.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.