Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Embarrassing Bodies  (Read 2202 times)

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassing Bodies
« Reply #15 on: 02 May 2008, 09:54:45 »

this has got me thinking it could be time for a check,havent had one for ten years. :-/

what does that involve and how do you get it done?

Debs.

« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2008, 10:01:24 »

this has got me thinking it could be time for a check,havent had one for ten years. :-/

...I`m no-expert but `willing to help: :y `have some free gloves (and oil if needed) from the petrol station and will give it my best shot; now, bend over and think of England!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 02 May 2008, 10:02:13 by Debs. »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2008, 10:03:25 »

...I`m no-expert but `willing to help: :y `have some free gloves (and oil if needed) from the petrol station and will give it my best shot; now, bend over and think of England!  ;D ;D ;D

It'd be the one job that I don't get half way through and think "Damn. Forgot the latex gloves!"

;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

albitz

« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2008, 10:10:26 »

ooh er nurse,... :o ;D ;D

albitz

« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2008, 10:19:43 »

it can be checked for enlargment ,by a gloved finger  :-[ (hopefully with a doctor connected to the finger) and a blood test to check for the big c.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 May 2008, 10:29:39 »

Due to a slightly different 16 year past history I have a cystoscopy every 6 months and a manual prostate check annually. :(

NOT fun in any way, shape, or form, but the 5 minutes of discomfort is far, far better than the other alternative... which involves "pushing up daisies" - and then who would drive my miggy  :(

I plead with all the blokes ... do these checks.. and if you have doubts.. seek advice ... it can and does matter.

Sorry for suddenly going all serious on you ... but it's a subject close to my heart (well about 2 foot lower if you want to be pedantic !!! )

:-/ :-/ :-/

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 May 2008, 10:56:44 »

It'd be the one job that I don't get half way through and think "Damn. Forgot the latex gloves!"

;D

Kevin
Marigolds!!!
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

Debs.

« Reply #22 on: 02 May 2008, 11:00:06 »

it can be checked for enlargment ,by a gloved finger  :-[ (hopefully with a doctor connected to the finger) and a blood test to check for the big c.

;D Do I count?.....Oh! a 'medical' Doctor! ;D
« Last Edit: 02 May 2008, 11:01:56 by Debs. »

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 May 2008, 11:27:07 »

..but there is no automatic screening program like women have for cervical cancer is there?   I assume it is a question of harrassing your GP then?

Joking aside, I agree it is not something to look forward too,  but the peace of mind (hopefully) is well worth it.

Martin_1962

« Reply #24 on: 02 May 2008, 11:34:28 »

I suppose that showing a 'Digital' examination makes for better television that the alternative (and more comfortable by far) PSA blood test for possible Prostate malfunction

So what is what then - I didn't see the programme

albitz

« Reply #25 on: 02 May 2008, 19:39:43 »

;D Do I count?.....Oh! a 'medical' Doctor! ;D
answer deleted.note to self,think before you type. :-[

Debs.

« Reply #26 on: 02 May 2008, 19:44:33 »

;) No problem here Albitz; no-offense/insult `meant or taken.  :y
« Last Edit: 02 May 2008, 19:45:17 by Debs. »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 May 2008, 19:58:35 »

With Cancer being such a problem I don't think there is enough check ups on it.
I watched the program and the male doctor had card board cut outs of both a man and a women, and asked several men passers by to put a small red sticker where they think the Prostrate Gland is..... several had no clue as to where it was, a few thought that it was on a women!!... have a look at the link below.
http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/prostate-cancer
Women going for Mamograms doesn't seem often enough... Look at the Celebs...Gerri, Kylie, Anastasicia and thousands of everyday women that don't get splashed across the news. Those three Celeb women are all under 50 yrs old, which I think is the age that Mamograms Checks start at.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2008, 20:12:16 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

albitz

« Reply #28 on: 02 May 2008, 20:06:03 »

;) No problem here Albitz; no-offense/insult `meant or taken.  :y
thankyou debs,i thought afterwards that i may have gone a little too far.its sometimes easy to forget on here that you are talking to people you havent met. anyway im glad i havent caused offence. :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.