Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra wiper motor question (sorry!)  (Read 1093 times)

DaveyDavey

• Intermediate Member
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
Astra wiper motor question (sorry!)
« on: 02 May 2008, 10:58:09 »

Anyone know if I can use the front wiper motor from a different model VX in a Mk4 Astra?

Looking at the pictures of wiper motors from a corsa B and a Mk3 Astra they appear to be almost identical to the Mk4 Astra's and it would make sense (to me anyway) if VX kept the same wiper motor for a number of different models.

Mk4 wiper motors are like gold dust on Ebay and tend to dissappear very quickly, unless you buy them new for £80 which I am most certainly not prepared to do.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Astra wiper motor question (sorry!)
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2008, 11:21:30 »

Anyone know if I can use the front wiper motor from a different model VX in a Mk4 Astra?

Mk4 wiper motors are like gold dust on Ebay and tend to dissappear very quickly, unless you buy them new for £80 which I am most certainly not prepared to do.

Haven't you any local scrap yards you can peruse through? Whats wrong with yours? The selfo park switch contacts had failed in mine when I first got the car, but I drilled the rivets from the top cover plate & bent the contacts in a bit so they had more contact. The rivets got replaced with self tappers. How about Astra F/MkIII, there seems to be a few other similarities?

DaveyDavey

• Intermediate Member
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2008, 11:37:41 »

Plenty of scrapyards around but having no real luck with them at the moment. Which is why I thought about the Mk3 Astra, plenty of those about and I would have thought that vauxhall would use the same wiper motor across the models to save on costs.

DaveyDavey

• Intermediate Member
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2008, 12:07:10 »

Okay, well I seem to have sorted out my lack of available wiper motors. A couple of local scrappies have them, but want £40/£45 - can't guarantee whether they work and I'd have to remove them myself.

I've just tried http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/ Which is one of those spare part search engines. 5 minutes after I sent the enquiry I had a call offering me one from a 2004 model Astra at £37 including cost of courier delivery. Also the guy confirmed it had been tested and was in good working order - a done deal!!

Thanks for the response though Andy, hopefully I won't have to clutter up the forum with any more Astra queries  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2008, 13:34:39 »

Okay, well I seem to have sorted out my lack of available wiper motors. ..... I had a call offering me one from a 2004 model Astra at £37 including cost of courier delivery ......

Good. Glad you're sorted.
Nothing wrong with Astra G questions though ...... there's 2 Astra G's & my son's Astra F when he's home. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.