Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: System geared against the workers. Again.  (Read 1113 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
System geared against the workers. Again.
« on: 28 June 2012, 12:59:14 »

For reasons irrelevant to my whinging, Woman got fired from her job a few weeks back. Now, I work roughly 70-75 hours a week, we live together. You can see where this is going.

To keep her ticking over while looking for a new job, she puts in for Jobseekers Allowance - "sorry, you've not paid enough NI since you've been working part-time, you're not entitled to claim anything". "Oh, OK, what's my other options?" "Well, you can look at Income Support" "My partner works full-time" "Oh, you're not entitled to anything then".

It just feels like they use the fact I work (and pay a ton of tax) to say "you can't have anything", but then conveniently ignore the amount of NI and tax I pay when the same person wants to claim for herself.

Oddly enough, I work the hours I do so that we can pay the bills, rent, council tax, and food bill - and to have some nice things as well. OK the JSA isn't that much, but it's the food shop and council tax for the month paid for... she's not seeking it as a lifestyle choice, she wants to get another job - which seems to amaze the Job Centre staff... "you've actually filled in your forms detailing the jobs you've applied for?"

It really, really pisses me off that I would actually be better off getting sacked. Only the fact that I don't want to be a breakless layabout stops me from so doing.

I know the system is supposed to be changing in favour of the working populace - it can't come soon enough, if it ever does happen...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: System geared against the workers. Again.
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2012, 13:03:55 »

Not just part time workers, mate went from a 75k a year job to being made redundant, in-between jobs he decided to apply too, they made it sooo difficult for him to get anything. Things like getting money for train fair to an interview he was told he could claim for, but amount of paperwork required and staff time at the other end must have cost government so much more!

They also looked down their noses he felt at everyone there, with fact they had a job and you didn't. He made a point of going back when he joined BSkyB saying he no longer required the allowance

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2012, 13:31:49 »

Gone threw the same thing here for the last 2 years  >:(

As known, business went tits up and I ended up going bankrupt  :(

Went to sign on and was told because my missus was working 30 hours plus and we lived as a couple, we was entitled to sweet f*ck all but I still had to sign on every 2 weeks and go threw all the bollo*ks and bullshit just to get my stamp  >:(

Because of all this, she has been having to work anything upto 50 hours a week just to keep the roof over our head and pay the bills
And just to round it off, the tax credit system is a joke  >:(
Before all this hit the fan, she earned 12 grand a year and we recieved 370 quid a month topup.
The next year, she earn't £13,100 gross because of the extra hours she did.
The t*ssers stopped us £70 a month off the credits  >:(

When you work it out after tax / Ni deductions, not only has she has been working all the extra hours for nothing we was worse off  >:( >:( >:(

Last year, she did just over 15 grand so what do tax credits do ................ Guess  >:( >:( >:(

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2012, 14:35:54 »

Its a joke really. People who do want to work seem to be getting shafted all the time while there are people who dont want to work at all and seem to get all benefits going!! My mate discovered last yr that he was £100 better off if he only worked 4 days a week so why would he work more?

At the minute I'm fighting my boss to get sick pay. I am entitled to it and by law he has to pay it, but he says its company policy to not pay it. I would rather be working and with no money coming in every little helps. He is refusing to pay it and wont give me any paperwork as to why. I cannot claim the dole because I'm still employed and if I leave my job then I wont get dole either. So basically I'm having to fill in millions of forms to try and chase the money I'm owed. The dss wont pay it until I've gone through a dispute reolution with Hmrc and my boss which will take months obviously and by the time its sorted out I'll probably be back at work, although I'm not really wanting to go back with my boss being a prick like this!!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Gastro, rant over  :y
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2012, 16:18:10 »

Company policy can't be at odds with the law.
In any dispute like this the law wins.
Get yourself to a decent employment law solicitor.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

JB1977

« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2012, 22:11:09 »

dont get me started about the bloody jokecentre, port talbot must rank as having one of the worst in the country. i was trying bloody hard to get employment of one type or another and got nothing but hassle and grief from the hitlers behind the desk, what really got on my wick was the fact that the idiots drinking cans outside were left alone to claim and do as they please. when i was thinking about self employment i had all the b/s about how they could help ::) and ended up losing an ideal premises to start off from while they dawdled about spouting cr*p about their procedures! the 24th 0f november 2011 was a milestone in my life when i signed off and let rip when i voiced my opinion about their service ;D im sorry to go on but when people who worked all their lives get grief for trying to get back to work while other lazy gits get handouts really winds me up!

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2012, 22:20:13 »

Bloke who lives downstairs gets an extra 36 quid a week for being an alcoholic. he's already been knocked down in the rd once while drunk. 2nd time lucky.  :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2012, 22:20:58 »

Went to sign on and was told because my missus was working 30 hours plus and we lived as a couple, we was entitled to sweet f*ck all but I still had to sign on every 2 weeks and go threw all the bollo*ks and bullshit just to get my stamp  >:(

Because of all this, she has been having to work anything upto 50 hours a week just to keep the roof over our head and pay the bills
Before all this hit the fan, she earned 12 grand a year and we recieved 370 quid a month topup.

When you work it out after tax / Ni deductions, not only has she has been working all the extra hours for nothing we was worse off  >:( >:( >:(

Last year, she did just over 15 grand so what do tax credits do ................ Guess  >:( >:( >:(

You owed them.... >:( :-X
I stopped claiming years ago with 4 kids at the time, we would give them the figures, THEY work it out and then next year they would say that we had received too much and had to pay some back out of this years allowance, the same every year......How can we pay too much? they work it out, seems I was not alone when speaking with others, a total mess up all round, rather like the CSA....... >:( >:( :-X :-X :-X :-X

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2012, 22:28:07 »

You owed them.... >:( :-X
I stopped claiming years ago with 4 kids at the time, we would give them the figures, THEY work it out and then next year they would say that we had received too much and had to pay some back out of this years allowance, the same every year......How can we pay too much? they work it out, seems I was not alone when speaking with others, a total mess up all round, rather like the CSA....... >:( >:( :-X :-X :-X :-X

Very close  >:( >:( >:(

Swmbo's forcast for next year is 16,500 quid.
Rang the tossers up and explaned that the firm has taken on another member of staff so the chance of any overtime is slim  :(
Also told them that she didn't got a payrise this year  :(

After great thought, they basicly said tuff  >:( >:( >:(
When we see your p60 next may, we MAY give you some money back  >:( >:( >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.