Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Stella
« Reply #30 on: 30 May 2012, 20:36:47 »

All the more reason to brew your own  :y

The cost of what you need to make some from a kit is what you saved would you have bought the same number of beers.  I brought one of my first brews to Newent last year and even though it was quite green there were no complaints.  I now brew from grain which  costs more to setup but the ingredients cost less and the end product is a lot better.  You need several hours for each batch of grain though as opposed to a couple of hours for a kit.

My latest batch has yet to be sampled as it was too green before I left.  This one should be special and is based on an American Ale, they do pale ale better than us any day.  I will no doubt be supping lots of it when I get back in a few days  :D

So do I, at last. :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 May 2012, 20:47:33 »

The cost of what you need to make some from a kit is what you saved would you have bought the same number of beers.  I brought one of my first brews to Newent last year and even though it was quite green there were no complaints.  I now brew from grain which  costs more to setup but the ingredients cost less and the end product is a lot better.  You need several hours for each batch of grain though as opposed to a couple of hours for a kit.

My latest batch has yet to be sampled as it was too green before I left.  This one should be special and is based on an American Ale, they do pale ale better than us any day.  I will no doubt be supping lots of it when I get back in a few days  :D

I had a few of those.....lovely stuff :)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2012, 21:21:01 »

:y :y :y :y

Which recipe did you try first?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 May 2012, 21:55:47 »

:y :y :y :y

Which recipe did you try first?

As on this place... Followed the HOWTO.  ;)

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=493

This is how it went...

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24471

Been having a few crafty tasters and, although it's probably not at its' best yet, it's Very tasty indeed. :-*

Not exactly a session beer, though. That would certainly end in tears.

So, I decided to keep it simple for #2 and do a SMASH. Just Marris Otter and some East Kent Goldings.. then I spotted the dried elderflower in the home brew shop and I remembered how nice Cheriton Village Elder was, so simplicity went out of the window and I went off piste. That has now been fermenting for a week and a half, so will get racked into a King Keg at the weekend.

What I have tasted already is SO much better than any kit beer I've brewed it's unbelievable!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.